More shots of the F.E.2b

More shots of the F.E.2b

June 3rd, 2012, 6:45 am #1

One of the players who attended my game at the convention at the end of April recently sent me these shots of the F.E.2b I recently scratch built:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

June 4th, 2012, 7:46 pm #2

She looks great - high above the battlefield - and I bet she is pretty unique there too !

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

June 7th, 2012, 5:30 pm #3

June 9th, 2012, 2:21 pm #4

One of the players who attended my game at the convention at the end of April recently sent me these shots of the F.E.2b I recently scratch built:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Great looking builds! That rigging would terrify me! LOL!

I was wondering where the "base" looking like an aerial view of the Western Front came from?

Thanks!

Kent

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

June 9th, 2012, 5:10 pm #5

The surface you are asking about is the actual game map used in the WW1 aerial combat game called Aerodrome 1.1. The aircraft I model are all used in this game and is a favorite at many historical miniatures gaming conventions.
The planes are mounted to flight stands with clear acrylic hexagon bases and a 5 section antenna to be used in the manuevering of the planes across the map and represent the 5 altitude levels in the game. Each plane has a rare earth magnet mounted to the bottom to keep it on the stand.
The pictures are of the recent scratch build project I completed and took to the Little Wars 2012 convention in Illinois. One of the players took them at the convention.

The rigging on the plane pictured was actually the easiest part of the build considering I had to fabricate over 95% of the parts for this plane.

Thanks for looking!

John
Last edited by Bolman on June 9th, 2012, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.