More Fokker TV work...

More Fokker TV work...

September 22nd, 2011, 5:06 pm #1

I did a little on the interior. Much is made up since I really don't have much in the way of references on this guy but I figure it needed some extra junction boxes, ribs etc. to add some interest. The bulkheads all fit wonderfully and are from the vac kit so I'm pretty impressed, actually. The photo etch consists of two instrument panels with clear acetate instruments (look really cool) and two side throttle quadrants complete with etch knobs. Also, there are etched seat belts.

Other than the ribbing and some boxes here and there, I only had to scratch seats. That is the only problem with this kit so far...the interior detail parts like seats and guns are all HUGE and not in 1/72nd scale I fear. Odd since all the other parts seem to fit so well. Of course, after looking at my photos, the extra magazine for the dorsal gun I added using plastic sheet and a punch look like 1/32nd scale too. Anyway...

So far so good. As of this morning I closed up the fuselage and its looks pretty nice if not a little simple. That's my fault and not the kit's!

More soon...

September 22nd, 2011, 7:42 pm #2

That looks very sweet Dan, but maybe you still can change the instrument panels a bit ?

More pics in this thread :

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/for ... -t-v-3537/

And some 3d stuff :

http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/sho ... hp?t=40780

And somebody wants to build a FULL SCALE REPLICA of this bomber - only a Dutch guy can be so crazy, that's why I like them so much - hope he succeeds (also interesting pics in this thread, incl under carriage plans - though you have to go through some pages) :

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/for ... ica-10832/

Dan, I like your vac adventure - and I'm jealous that I haven't started mine, such a neat subject - but I have decided to bite the bullet (or half a bullet) and will join in October on the Airfix forum with one !

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix - Spitfre PR.XIX : Part I (incl Flying Legends 2011 show report) - Part II - Part III - Part IV (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.1)
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part IV
1/72 - KP - MiG-15 UTI : Part I - Part II (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.2)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

September 22nd, 2011, 9:06 pm #3

I did a little on the interior. Much is made up since I really don't have much in the way of references on this guy but I figure it needed some extra junction boxes, ribs etc. to add some interest. The bulkheads all fit wonderfully and are from the vac kit so I'm pretty impressed, actually. The photo etch consists of two instrument panels with clear acetate instruments (look really cool) and two side throttle quadrants complete with etch knobs. Also, there are etched seat belts.

Other than the ribbing and some boxes here and there, I only had to scratch seats. That is the only problem with this kit so far...the interior detail parts like seats and guns are all HUGE and not in 1/72nd scale I fear. Odd since all the other parts seem to fit so well. Of course, after looking at my photos, the extra magazine for the dorsal gun I added using plastic sheet and a punch look like 1/32nd scale too. Anyway...

So far so good. As of this morning I closed up the fuselage and its looks pretty nice if not a little simple. That's my fault and not the kit's!

More soon...
You look like you're havin way too much fun.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

September 23rd, 2011, 5:55 pm #4

More soon...
G'day Dan,

Yep, it hard going with a VAC. Lots of reinforcement skills required in addition to general details. Its rewarding to finish and it will be a rare build for the model cabinet. I look forward to the WIP posts.

PHIL

September 23rd, 2011, 8:12 pm #5

More soon...
I see you've come down with a serious case of vac-itis! Ah well, as your doctor all I can advise is that you sweat it out! Fine work - don't worry about the sizes - everything looks right on!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

September 23rd, 2011, 10:35 pm #6

That looks very sweet Dan, but maybe you still can change the instrument panels a bit ?

More pics in this thread :

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/for ... -t-v-3537/

And some 3d stuff :

http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/sho ... hp?t=40780

And somebody wants to build a FULL SCALE REPLICA of this bomber - only a Dutch guy can be so crazy, that's why I like them so much - hope he succeeds (also interesting pics in this thread, incl under carriage plans - though you have to go through some pages) :

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/for ... ica-10832/

Dan, I like your vac adventure - and I'm jealous that I haven't started mine, such a neat subject - but I have decided to bite the bullet (or half a bullet) and will join in October on the Airfix forum with one !

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix - Spitfre PR.XIX : Part I (incl Flying Legends 2011 show report) - Part II - Part III - Part IV (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.1)
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part IV
1/72 - KP - MiG-15 UTI : Part I - Part II (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.2)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God
Thanks for the links. I saw the one with the R/C model. The links with the landing gear and machine gun are golden.

Unfortunately, I'm too late to fix the instruments. Looking at those photos, I'm still impressed with the fit of the kit parts...they are just simply not accurate.

Oh, well...maybe the next one! Do you happen to know if these guys had black undersurfaces or were they sort of brown?

Just checking in case. I'm still looking for more material/data!

Cheers.

September 23rd, 2011, 10:40 pm #7

You look like you're havin way too much fun.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

...I started another one last night. WWI German recon. I'm a sick, sick man.

Tonight I try and put the landing gear on the Fokker. Oh, boy...

September 23rd, 2011, 10:41 pm #8

G'day Dan,

Yep, it hard going with a VAC. Lots of reinforcement skills required in addition to general details. Its rewarding to finish and it will be a rare build for the model cabinet. I look forward to the WIP posts.

PHIL
This is only vac #2 but I'm having way too much fun. This could be a problem.

September 23rd, 2011, 10:42 pm #9

I see you've come down with a serious case of vac-itis! Ah well, as your doctor all I can advise is that you sweat it out! Fine work - don't worry about the sizes - everything looks right on!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish
...I think I can't do anything about the interior now anyway. I will make new machine guns, though.

Landing gear tonight if all goes well.

Thanks for the comments.

P.S. Love the poster behind the B-36 in your Mig post! Looks like the recon plane I'm building in vac right now!

September 23rd, 2011, 11:59 pm #10

...I started another one last night. WWI German recon. I'm a sick, sick man.

Tonight I try and put the landing gear on the Fokker. Oh, boy...
bottoms of the wings? Fill them with putty?
Some pics please, pretty please?

Thanks,
Allan