Monogram 1/48 SNJ-5

Monogram 1/48 SNJ-5

June 16th, 2012, 4:02 am #1

I'm having fun with this old kit. I have added the Vector R-1340 Engine and scratch-built the landing flap detail, added plumbing to the wheel well and rebuilt the prop hub. Although the cockpit is hidden by masking right now, I added wiring, levers, switches and scratch-built seat belts.

It sure is bright yellow!

It is better to be the stomper rather than the stompee!
It is better to be the Stomper rather than the Stompee!

June 16th, 2012, 4:27 am #2

Very nice Rian! Looking Great! n/t

June 16th, 2012, 4:35 am #3

I'm having fun with this old kit. I have added the Vector R-1340 Engine and scratch-built the landing flap detail, added plumbing to the wheel well and rebuilt the prop hub. Although the cockpit is hidden by masking right now, I added wiring, levers, switches and scratch-built seat belts.

That vector engine is a real nice improvement on the kit piece eh? Looks great Rian!

Cheers,
Wolf

June 16th, 2012, 5:38 am #4

fantastic work

June 16th, 2012, 6:34 am #5

That is coming along nicely. It sure is yellow! I have the Italeri one in 1/48. I would like to do a Portugese one someday.

Geoff

June 16th, 2012, 5:42 pm #6

I like that little kit. For me the fit was really good, and it was fun to build. Looks like you are having a blast with it.

Brandon

June 17th, 2012, 4:21 am #7

look forward to seeing the finished project!

After decades of study, it has become obvious that Murphy was an optimist...