Modelling break...

Modelling break...

May 16th, 2012, 9:20 am #1

After some 20 years since I re-entered the hobby, I'm feeling a lack of motivation. Sometimes, sitting at the bench feels like a job rather than a hobby. I decided then to complete two of the three model currently on the bench (an old, anti-stress FROG spitfire and a Heller Potez 540) and take a break. I will sadly put aside the Halifax I started for the AMEGB, which is still in an early stage. I don't know how long this hiatus will be, but surely I'll be watching the forum and commenting in the meantime. No one can exclude that the motivation will raise again during the completion of those two last models, but at the moment I'm firmly into this need.
Take care and happy modelling!
Massimo LaCivita

May 16th, 2012, 10:50 am #2

Have had that from time to time, lack of passion and drive.. or whatever one wants to call it, some times it is good to just stop and take a break from the hobby. No point in trying to force it.. good to see you will still be looking in from time to time. Take care.

Simon

May 16th, 2012, 1:15 pm #3

After some 20 years since I re-entered the hobby, I'm feeling a lack of motivation. Sometimes, sitting at the bench feels like a job rather than a hobby. I decided then to complete two of the three model currently on the bench (an old, anti-stress FROG spitfire and a Heller Potez 540) and take a break. I will sadly put aside the Halifax I started for the AMEGB, which is still in an early stage. I don't know how long this hiatus will be, but surely I'll be watching the forum and commenting in the meantime. No one can exclude that the motivation will raise again during the completion of those two last models, but at the moment I'm firmly into this need.
and know exactly how you feel, in many ways I'm still not quite there yet myself
but at the moment I have a Hasegawa A-4e on the go, its going slow but when I'm at the bench I do enjoy it.
I have always kept in touch with what's going on in the Airfix forum but I feel I shouldn't comment because I haven't contributed anything, nevertheless, you and the rest of the crew are always an inspiration to me and others and its always a joy to see what's happening on here.

Your work has always been wonderful to behold Massimo and I hope your hiatus will be a short one so in the meantime I wish you all the best for the future
and hope to see you back on here again soon.
As for me I love this hobby to much to ever stop modelling and look forward to getting back on the right track.

Tom

May 16th, 2012, 2:17 pm #4

I will work on something totally different. For example, I have not touched an airplane kit in over a year. But in 2010 I probably finished 8 or 9 planes. Lately I have been focusing more on building and detailing, and not painting. And I have worked on armor and some large 1/9 figures versus aircraft. Right now I am actually working on a car...

May 16th, 2012, 2:24 pm #5

My fellow modeler,

It does happem at times. We need a break from the hobby. I have really enjoyed your skills and dream of having your talent and ability. I think about the world group build and the work that was done and I stand in awe of the work that you have done. The Euro mess is very stressful and I can see how it could grind on one's ability and morale. Contact me by email if you want to converse with me. I have some old supermodel kits that I have been trying to get the schemes on before I build them. In closing, bless you and your models.

Saint John of Airfix.

patron saint of unloved model kits

long live airfix, death to the heretics

May 16th, 2012, 2:59 pm #6

I understand...see you on the flip side. Mike

May 16th, 2012, 3:02 pm #7

I will work on something totally different. For example, I have not touched an airplane kit in over a year. But in 2010 I probably finished 8 or 9 planes. Lately I have been focusing more on building and detailing, and not painting. And I have worked on armor and some large 1/9 figures versus aircraft. Right now I am actually working on a car...
right now as a armor builder I feel I'm in a funk, finished about 4 armor projects since the start of the this year, so yesterday I washed off a plane as my next build. Mike

May 16th, 2012, 3:04 pm #8

Motivation waxes and wanes like the moon! You do great work, so why not relax, and pick up one of the new tool Airfix kits, like the A6M2 Zeke or Spitfire Mk.IXc? Then build one out of the box, completely unstressed and at your own pace, and you might find your motivation fully charged at the end.

Take the break you need!

Jacob Russell

May 16th, 2012, 4:18 pm #9

So will your artistry.

I predict a return after a recharge, though. Who else will build an Italian P-51 or Zero?

Just keep poking in around here and keep commenting. We could all use your insight.

See you in Cyber Space...

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

May 16th, 2012, 4:34 pm #10

...here is your historically accurate Italian P-51! Italian Security Corps for Somalia, 1951. Heller kit, OOB.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Massimo LaCivita