Modeling can make you feel old

Modeling can make you feel old

April 17th, 2018, 6:18 am #1

Leafing through the stash of decals, I found the sheet for the Trimaster Ta152, bought "a few years ago" right after it came on the market. The copyright says 1988 - 30 years ago!
Man, do I feel old!
Richard

April 17th, 2018, 12:18 pm #2

'88?! Year I graduated HS and joined the Navy!

April 17th, 2018, 1:05 pm #3

In 1988 I'd been in for 13 of my 20 years!

I was noticing that same thing the other day while looking through my "inventory." I keep the kit info (Kit, Mfr, what year I bought the kit, etc) in a folder. Some that I thought I'd just bought a year or two ago, I actually bought in 2010 or 2012!
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

April 17th, 2018, 1:11 pm #4

I was just 40 years old, now I'm 70 years old, OMG I'm really an old bonhomme as we say here.
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

April 17th, 2018, 1:51 pm #5

In 1988 I'd been in for 13 of my 20 years!

I was noticing that same thing the other day while looking through my "inventory." I keep the kit info (Kit, Mfr, what year I bought the kit, etc) in a folder. Some that I thought I'd just bought a year or two ago, I actually bought in 2010 or 2012!
1988 was probably the best year of my life. I was 20........ Lots of good things happened that year.

Cheers,
Dave

April 17th, 2018, 2:02 pm #6

Leafing through the stash of decals, I found the sheet for the Trimaster Ta152, bought "a few years ago" right after it came on the market. The copyright says 1988 - 30 years ago!
Man, do I feel old!
Richard
Or that the last Daytona 24 race I went to was ELEVEN YEARS AGO. Or that I've got models on my Shelf Of Doom which have lingered in a partially completed state for the better part of two decades. Entire weapons programs have been developed, gone operational, and retired in that time.

Time is a damn thief, man.

Lynn

April 17th, 2018, 2:26 pm #7

Man, do I feel old!
Richard
I have mags from the '70's with articles I saved about building. Remember when Classics had stuff on aircraft and photos of planes from yesteryear? How bout building articles that would be ignored by folks that buy what they are showing how to scratch. And Scale Modeler Magazines Just looking at my book case and saw an Airpower Mag with the whole thing on the F-89. Damn, I am old. And a hoarder. An Air Classics from 1975. I was 25 then!

April 17th, 2018, 2:39 pm #8

Man, do I feel old!
Richard
At 87 It keeps me feeling "Young"!
Frank

April 17th, 2018, 2:56 pm #9

Man, do I feel old!
Richard
I would wake up in the morning sore and hurting from just sleeping.
The icing on the cake was when I went from being healthy as a horse to all of a sudden hey "you need a heart valve replacement"

I also started feeling old when little by little where I work, I became one of the last guys there, who was there from the beginning! now I'm in 22 years and surrounded by young people we weren't even 5 years old yet when I started. They look at me as the old guy sucking up a good schedule. I feel like a leper half the time anymore.

In modeling perspective, I still have Micro Scale decal sheets that are numbered under the number 10!

I just turned 57 and My Philosophy has been at least for the last 10 years that I am in a gray area group. That is too old to be young and too young to be old! Although in the last year we did join AARP!

Lol.....

Max Bryant
Last edited by takenname1 on April 17th, 2018, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

April 17th, 2018, 3:07 pm #10

Or that the last Daytona 24 race I went to was ELEVEN YEARS AGO. Or that I've got models on my Shelf Of Doom which have lingered in a partially completed state for the better part of two decades. Entire weapons programs have been developed, gone operational, and retired in that time.

Time is a damn thief, man.

Lynn
1975 and I was just 14 and a Freshman in High School. That TV show ended in 77. 41 years ago. Heck 1999 was almost 20 years ago and in the last Century!

Getting old sucks and it especially sucks when you remember what it was like to be young. When I was young I had not a worry in the world because my parents took care of me and all I had to do was ride my bike, play baseball with my friends from the neighborhood, build model kits and get decent grades in school.

I just wish I could click my heels together three times and go 'home' and Mom and Dad would be there again...

Well I got to go,I have a doctor's appointment I need to be at,for them to look at something that hurts....
Cheers
Max Bryant
Last edited by takenname1 on April 17th, 2018, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"