Model shops in Singapore

Model shops in Singapore

March 17th, 2012, 2:34 pm #1

Hi all, I'm lucky enough to be travelling to Singapore on business for a week shortly, does anyone know of any good model shops that I could visit while I am out there? Many thanks in advance.

Paul.

March 18th, 2012, 2:09 am #2

It has been a couple years since I was there, but there are three that I know of.

Hobby Bounties in the Mountbatten Shopping Center on Mountbatten Rd (east coast). These guys always advertise in FSM.

There was one in the shopping area directly behind the Holiday Inn.

There was one in Far East Plaza just north of the Marriott Hotel on Scotts Rd.

The stores are very small. Do not expect to find anything too exotic and nothing is a bargan. But it is always fun to look!

Have fun and enjoy the Durian!

C2j
Assembler of plastic model kits for over 50 years.

March 18th, 2012, 12:12 pm #3

Hi all, I'm lucky enough to be travelling to Singapore on business for a week shortly, does anyone know of any good model shops that I could visit while I am out there? Many thanks in advance.

Paul.
Hi Paul

I hope you enjoy your trip here, and there are quite a few shops worth checking out. We posted a few replies a couple of months ago to the thread below, and they are still valid. If you have specific interests feel free to drop me a line.

If you have time it is also worth visting the Singapore Air Force museum - small but good, and the 'Battlebox' at Fort Canning which has an original air command control table.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/t ... an+experts

All the best

Christopher

High Planes Models

Current WIP
Spitfire Ib: Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V

Hangar Queens
Hawker Fury: Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV

Past Builds
Brewster Buffalo: Part I, Part II, Part III , Part IV , Part V, Part VI, Complete
Spitfire XVIe (I love to drink a beer with William ): Complete
Fairey Battle (Massimo's revenge): Complete
DH Vampire: Complete
DH Chipmunk: Complete
AVRO Anson: Complete
HPM Hobbies - Home of High Planes Models

http://www.hpmhobbies.com
https://www.facebook.com/HPMHobbies/

March 18th, 2012, 6:11 pm #4

It has been a couple years since I was there, but there are three that I know of.

Hobby Bounties in the Mountbatten Shopping Center on Mountbatten Rd (east coast). These guys always advertise in FSM.

There was one in the shopping area directly behind the Holiday Inn.

There was one in Far East Plaza just north of the Marriott Hotel on Scotts Rd.

The stores are very small. Do not expect to find anything too exotic and nothing is a bargan. But it is always fun to look!

Have fun and enjoy the Durian!

C2j
I agree, there are quite a few shops, but they are small.

My advice, if you have the time, is to forget the hobby shops, and see some of the other sights. Jurong bird park, Sentosa, Night Safari, Chinatown. If you like beer, got to Brewerkz and get a half yard of IPA. Lots of shopping and people watching on Orchard Road. The MRT makes getting around very easy. I still remember the stops from Sembawang to Marina Bay. Yishun, Khatib, Yio Chu Kang, Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Braddel, Toa Payoh...

Todd Enlund

"Bandits at 3 O'Clock"
"Roger. What should I do 'till then?"
Todd Enlund

"Bandits at three o'clock."
"Roger. What should I do 'till then?"