Missing parts

Missing parts

April 21st, 2017, 11:31 am #1

Just took out all of the pieces of my Dragon 1/72 Saturn 5 and some are missing. The B2 sprue has all of the tank skin in halves. So, half of the B2 sprue is missing. The bottom of the first stage and the third stage is missing, that is 4 pieces. I have the top of the first stage and the second stage. All I can figure is it was left out account all the parts are in plastic baggies.

Who do I call? Sprue Brothers? or Dragon?

Just my kind of luck,
David C.

April 21st, 2017, 12:04 pm #2

They don't manufacture the product, just sell them...give them a call or a customer service email. Barbara has worked out some problems I had...very pleasant lady. I assume she is still there but whoever the contact, SB
should come through.

April 21st, 2017, 12:54 pm #3

Just took out all of the pieces of my Dragon 1/72 Saturn 5 and some are missing. The B2 sprue has all of the tank skin in halves. So, half of the B2 sprue is missing. The bottom of the first stage and the third stage is missing, that is 4 pieces. I have the top of the first stage and the second stage. All I can figure is it was left out account all the parts are in plastic baggies.

Just my kind of luck,
David C.
missing parts! I buy a ton of kits and can't recall Dragons being that way! If an eBay buy I'd say someone raided the kit (to replace missing/stolen parts in their kit) then selling (maybe even shrink wrapping too!) on eBay to some poor 'collector' sucker.

Maybe someone returned to SB, "I got it as a gift and I don't want it" after stealing some parts. Factory poly bags can also be diy sealed I guess.

If indeed a Dragon factory QA mistake, someone on the line needs glasses or the room needs better lighting. Again those are pretty big parts for QA to miss!

April 21st, 2017, 4:21 pm #4

Just my kind of luck,
David C.
...is going to lose his organs.

April 21st, 2017, 5:50 pm #5

Just my kind of luck,
David C.
...were very helpful in replacing some missing sprues for an Eduard special edition Mig 21 that I bought from them last year. They didn't have the kit in stock anyamore, but they ordered the sprues for me from Eduard and sent them as soon as they arrived. I'd give them a call.

April 22nd, 2017, 12:19 am #6

They don't manufacture the product, just sell them...give them a call or a customer service email. Barbara has worked out some problems I had...very pleasant lady. I assume she is still there but whoever the contact, SB
should come through.
Bought two sets of AFV Club tracks that I received sealed. I didn't open them right away because I was moving. Three or four months later I opened up a set and found AFV had mis-packed the set. Both were that way with the wrong sprues in sealed boxes. SB wasn't of any help and I had to go to Merit International, AFV's US importer. Merit declined to replace the sets too, saying I must have bought knock off sets sold by a pirate store and not a legitimate vendor. I found that disappointing. I didn't want a refund... I just wanted what I paid for and simply to exchange the bad sprues for the proper ones.