Missing Lynx forum membership approval; how long should it take?

Missing Lynx forum membership approval; how long should it take?

January 6th, 2012, 2:30 pm #1

I submitted my request for the Missing Lynx forum membership quite a few days ago and received the validation key email and used the supplied link to validate but have yet to hear from anyone.

How long does it usually take to be granted access to the forums on Missing Lynx?

jeff

January 6th, 2012, 4:09 pm #2

If you can log in here you should be able to log in there.

Roy

January 6th, 2012, 4:54 pm #3

I tried and it doesn't work.

January 6th, 2012, 5:29 pm #4

As soon as I log in here I am automatically logged into the Missing-Lynx site as well. It's been so long since I registered I've forgotten how the process worked. Hope it works out for you real soon.

Roy

January 6th, 2012, 6:37 pm #5

I can log in here.

When I go to Missing Lynx my HS ID is there but I cannot post. It says I need to be approved by the board owner.

I sent the requisite email, got a response with a link to click, clicked the link was told thank you, your request is under advisement and was told to wait.

I just wanted to know how long I had to wait.

I cannot post to Missing Lynx.

January 6th, 2012, 7:04 pm #6

I submitted my request for the Missing Lynx forum membership quite a few days ago and received the validation key email and used the supplied link to validate but have yet to hear from anyone.

How long does it usually take to be granted access to the forums on Missing Lynx?

jeff
around March of last year and it took about a week before I could post. If I recall correctly, I did get an e-mail stating that my membership had been approved. I thought the process a bit odd, I have no idea why membership to a forum would have to be "approved." HTH

January 7th, 2012, 12:48 am #7

I think it harkens back to a regular malcontent who would get banned and reappear with another login ID. While this guy has passed away several years ago, he made a lot of enemies (and he had his supporters as well).

I think it was after his constant new IDs that the site required membership approval.

Since his departure (from the site and the mortal realm), this particular forum has remained probably the least moderated armor modeling forum on the web. Everyone behaves themselves, no one starts any stuff, but the forum is rather sleepy as far as armor content goes.

RobG