Mil Mi-2

Mil Mi-2

August 7th, 2012, 11:46 am #1

Hello friends

After almost 3 months away from the bench i decided to return to the bench building this little kit. One of the best i build from Hobby Boss (the 2nd best i think).

Its much better that the previous kits, they are improving, but they still make many many mistakes, only go give you some examples, in the paint instructions they show a machine with the blue and green colors, but on the box they show (and well) an all green heli, the on showed on the instructions is the Soviet version. Than they put the number white... well i found now that the number should be black and not white (at least the pics i saw of this version were all with black numbers) and now they released a new kit... guess what... the older version with blue green and the same number (47) in white!!!! It looks that they need to get better references. Other of the problems that they insist to do is to mess with the colors indications, they say to paint with one color than they say to paint with other... well get plenty of pictures and decide for your self if you are going to follow what they say...

But like i said before this was a great improvement in the kit quality, not so many "phantoms" lines a much better fit and it look to me a better plastic too!!!

Well here are the pictures, i hope you like it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you for looking

Regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa
Last edited by Triple666 on August 7th, 2012, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 7th, 2012, 12:30 pm #2

Excellent result Vitor! May I ask what you used to mask the clear parts?

An Old Soldier, but not faded away. Yet.

August 7th, 2012, 3:34 pm #3

Hello friends

After almost 3 months away from the bench i decided to return to the bench building this little kit. One of the best i build from Hobby Boss (the 2nd best i think).

Its much better that the previous kits, they are improving, but they still make many many mistakes, only go give you some examples, in the paint instructions they show a machine with the blue and green colors, but on the box they show (and well) an all green heli, the on showed on the instructions is the Soviet version. Than they put the number white... well i found now that the number should be black and not white (at least the pics i saw of this version were all with black numbers) and now they released a new kit... guess what... the older version with blue green and the same number (47) in white!!!! It looks that they need to get better references. Other of the problems that they insist to do is to mess with the colors indications, they say to paint with one color than they say to paint with other... well get plenty of pictures and decide for your self if you are going to follow what they say...

But like i said before this was a great improvement in the kit quality, not so many "phantoms" lines a much better fit and it look to me a better plastic too!!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you for looking

Regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa
I really really like that. Great paint job...

August 7th, 2012, 3:50 pm #4

Hello friends

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you for looking

Regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa
It's soooo sweeet...Hard to belive that it's only 1/72. Looks bigger! Your details on this model are incredibly! Ps. Did you used magnifying glass?

http://irekfm.blogspot.com/

August 7th, 2012, 8:41 pm #5

Hello friends

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you for looking

Regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa
WOW that's really cool

August 8th, 2012, 6:29 am #6

Hello friends

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you for looking

Regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa
really nice paint job!

August 13th, 2012, 1:30 pm #7

Hello friends

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you for looking

Regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa
Very inspiring work Vitor! Nice painting and weathering.

I've had my eye on this kit for a while and you've shown that it can be
built into a nice little replica, I'm going to have to add one to my collection.

Thanks for sharing!
Keith