So I've had a bit of a break from this one, and modelling in general, lately. Lots of work, family commitments, QMHE, and just being dead tired.
I found a small area on the bottom between wing and fuse that I wasn't happy with, and after debating with myself for quite some time, I decided not to re sand/putty/paint etc as it just won't be noticeable.
So a quick gloss coat went on, and decaling has begun.
A note about the decals for anyone that is or will be building this model.
Being all white decals on a white backing paper makes the decals, and even worse, the decal numbers very hard to see. Some of the decals are very close to each other, and constant moving of the head to get different light angles when cutting is needed.
I also printed out the decal image that you see above, and wrote in pen the decal numbers for a much needed clarity.
Some of the decal images on the instructions are slightly different to eh actual decals printed.
In saying all of this, the decals are very nice to use and perform very nicely.
They are thin without being fragile.
They confirm to complex curves naturally, and only need a little Microsol for tighter areas.
Microset is definitely NOT needed. They stick very well to a gloss surface, and I have been adding a few drops of water to the model first before applying the decals to assist in positioning etc.
I have actually enjoyed applying these decals, and what you see so far is 3 nights of casual work
Enough word. On to the pics.