It's time to start taking the landing gear seriously. I tried taking precise measurements of the drawings using a digital caliper but that didn't seem to be the complete answer. So I went ultra high tech...
...1/16 " plastic rod, some folded double stick tape and kit wheels.
This is the same diameter rod as my landing gear extensions and I had already glued some rings of the telescoping sized tubing on the roof of the wheel well. They stuck enough temporarily to give me an idea of how things would line up.
Another thing to check was the prop clearance.
OK, that looks about right, but the final matter was making sure it fit in the wheel well, and it does. So now I have the measurement. But considering how easy it will be to knock these things off, I decided to delay attaching the gear until many other small details are added. Next will be the remaining cockpit details, such as shoulder harnesses, and the framework that holds the cockpit retaining cord.
A couple more status shots. The canopy mask has been removed and exhausts added.
Getting there. Thanks for looking.