http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/m ... +Completed

Cheers

I said "Dart Gun", not a....
Gru - Despicable Me

I AM THE RAGE OF THE SEAS! I AM THE DOOM OF ALL THINGS! I AM ᵗᶦᶰʸ ᵒᶜᵗᵒᵖᵘˢ⋅

Stuart Clifford
Stuart Clifford

May 28th, 2012, 12:24 pm #2

really nice work, how did you do the winter distemper finish?

Meant to ask, did you start a build rescribing an airfix 1:72 dora a year or 2 ago on the airfix group build, may be completely off the mark but though i recognised your name?

Cheers, Stu

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 28th, 2012, 9:29 pm #3

Hi Stu,
THe winter distemper finish was first base coated with the standard RLM camouflage then let it set followed by a coat of Future and Tamiya FLat base mix sprayed in to increase the matt finish.
I then mixed a small amount of hair mousse and salt into a slurry and slopped the mix into the leading edge of the flying surfaces and the nose with a random spot here and there further along the fuselage below the cockpit.
After the mix dried up, I then sprayed a few thin coats of matt white on the whole model to give it a patchy look.
Once I was happy with the finish, I then removed the dried mousse/salt mix using an old toothbrush soaked in water.
Do note that the mousse should be soluble in water.
After removal, I sprayed another series of thin coats of matt white to soften the demarcation.
I then dabbed random spots of RLM 71 Dark green along the fuselage in the area below the rear of the canopy.

Yes I did start the Airfix 1/72nd FW190 Dora during the Airfix Battle of Britain Group Build but its currently languishing in the WIP pile

Cheers

May 28th, 2012, 9:35 pm #4

really nice work, how did you do the winter distemper finish?

Meant to ask, did you start a build rescribing an airfix 1:72 dora a year or 2 ago on the airfix group build, may be completely off the mark but though i recognised your name?

Cheers, Stu
Sorry

May 29th, 2012, 3:51 am #5

Hi all,
My recently completed project:

More pix here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/m ... +Completed

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me
I really liked that kit. I need to make one with winter and one with desert camo.

Thanks for posting!

May 29th, 2012, 9:48 am #6

Hopefully this would encourage you to commence your project

Cheers

Gru - Despicable Me

May 29th, 2012, 12:31 pm #7

Hi Stu,
THe winter distemper finish was first base coated with the standard RLM camouflage then let it set followed by a coat of Future and Tamiya FLat base mix sprayed in to increase the matt finish.
I then mixed a small amount of hair mousse and salt into a slurry and slopped the mix into the leading edge of the flying surfaces and the nose with a random spot here and there further along the fuselage below the cockpit.
After the mix dried up, I then sprayed a few thin coats of matt white on the whole model to give it a patchy look.
Once I was happy with the finish, I then removed the dried mousse/salt mix using an old toothbrush soaked in water.
Do note that the mousse should be soluble in water.
After removal, I sprayed another series of thin coats of matt white to soften the demarcation.
I then dabbed random spots of RLM 71 Dark green along the fuselage in the area below the rear of the canopy.

Yes I did start the Airfix 1/72nd FW190 Dora during the Airfix Battle of Britain Group Build but its currently languishing in the WIP pile

Cheers
Have heard of hairspray chipping before but not hair mousse, love the result!

Looking forward to the 190 making its way back up the WIP pile (hint hint ) from what i remember it was a really promising start!

Cheers, Stu