Memorial Day greetings to everyone. One sore point with Google,

Memorial Day greetings to everyone. One sore point with Google,

May 28th, 2012, 11:11 pm #1

did you notice how tiny and unnoticable the Memorial Day symbol is on their home page? For most of the most obscure days they will have elaborate and interactive Google logos.

Why not for Memorial Day? Even if it isn't made to function and inform, it could at least be up in the logo area.

IMHO, I think Google is trying to be too PC.

But, who really cares, right?

Philip and Max on Song Dog
Song Dog,TX

Philip & Maximilian
Head of Ranch Security, Song Dog, Texas

Where has all the music gone?

May 29th, 2012, 12:13 am #2

Old Digger Pilot

May 29th, 2012, 12:41 am #3

did you notice how tiny and unnoticable the Memorial Day symbol is on their home page? For most of the most obscure days they will have elaborate and interactive Google logos.

Why not for Memorial Day? Even if it isn't made to function and inform, it could at least be up in the logo area.

Song Dog,TX

Philip & Maximilian

Being in Canada I can't log into google.com (I tried) but I think Memorial Day would command more respect than Arbor Day. To be fair, I can't remember what google.ca had up for Remembrance Day.

May 29th, 2012, 2:55 pm #4

Song Dog,TX

Philip & Maximilian

Monday

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

May 29th, 2012, 7:49 pm #5

Being in Canada I can't log into google.com (I tried) but I think Memorial Day would command more respect than Arbor Day. To be fair, I can't remember what google.ca had up for Remembrance Day.
and why it is celebrated. Nothing cute, just a link to some information about Memorial Day so those inquiring minds might learn something of the men and women who gave their lives so that others may go to the mall and spend money on sales...

Philip & Maximilian