Me 163 Wings 1/48

Me 163 Wings 1/48

January 8th, 2013, 10:15 pm #1

Howdy folks,

Over the holidays I received Dragon's Me 163 #5551 in 1/48. Upon opening the box I realized that there were nearly two of every sprue in the box. The only two sprues that I do not have duplicates of are the clear parts and sprue "B" the wings.

As replacement clear parts are pretty easy to find, all I need to be able to do a second kit of this model would be another set of wings. I would welcome any suggestions as to how I might obtain them. I don't want to scam the manufacturer and try to get another set that way (if that were even possible), but would they sell me the sprue? I would welcome any ideas on this.

Thanks in advance to all who respond

Andy Townsend

January 8th, 2013, 10:52 pm #2

Contact Dragon and ask them if they'll sell you the sprues...

January 8th, 2013, 11:38 pm #3

If the box was factory sealed at the time you bought it and when you opened it, APPEARENTLY they WANTED you to have two of the kits, but forgot the sprue for the wings! Why not try asking for them before offering to buy them? After all, it was THEIR mistake in the first place-wheres the scam?

January 9th, 2013, 12:19 am #4

Contact Dragon and ask them if they'll sell you the sprues...
Even getting replacements from Dragon Cares/Dragon Doesn't Care is hit or miss

January 9th, 2013, 2:47 am #5

Howdy folks,

Over the holidays I received Dragon's Me 163 #5551 in 1/48. Upon opening the box I realized that there were nearly two of every sprue in the box. The only two sprues that I do not have duplicates of are the clear parts and sprue "B" the wings.

As replacement clear parts are pretty easy to find, all I need to be able to do a second kit of this model would be another set of wings. I would welcome any suggestions as to how I might obtain them. I don't want to scam the manufacturer and try to get another set that way (if that were even possible), but would they sell me the sprue? I would welcome any ideas on this.

Andy Townsend
in case you cannot get a set of wings from Dragon. Something is better than nothing.

Later,

Lee

January 9th, 2013, 9:21 am #6

Howdy folks,

Andy Townsend
I bought a Revell boxing that also had almost two whole kits in the box so I have a pare set of wings - send me an email

cheers,
Chris

January 9th, 2013, 11:47 pm #7

Howdy folks,

Andy Townsend
There is the parts to build another Schwalbe if you had a spare fuselage laying around.

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"