Martin Short- Nothing but pure class

Martin Short- Nothing but pure class

June 1st, 2012, 12:27 am #1

There is a brou-haha going on, seems Martin was on the "Today" show, and, while being interviewed by Kathy Lee Gifford, she asked him some questions about his marriage. The thing is, Short's wife died almost two years ago.

Now, Kathy Lee has put her foot in it before, and I don't think many would be as kind, but Short never blew up, and handled the whole thing with dignity and aplomb. When they went to break, he simply told her his wife had died. She of course came back on and apologized. Watching Short, it occurred to me that it's not always necessary to jump down someone's throat, that taking the high road, especially when someone is not aware of all the facts, is a better way to handle things.

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

June 1st, 2012, 1:34 am #2

And, well, you got to think, I'm sure that Martin knew the instant she asked the question that she simply didn't know that his wife had died. I'm pretty sure he was like, oh my, she's going to be so embarrassed...... She was. I bet she felt a half an inch tall.. I would have..

Cheers,
Dave

June 1st, 2012, 1:46 am #3

There is a brou-haha going on, seems Martin was on the "Today" show, and, while being interviewed by Kathy Lee Gifford, she asked him some questions about his marriage. The thing is, Short's wife died almost two years ago.

Now, Kathy Lee has put her foot in it before, and I don't think many would be as kind, but Short never blew up, and handled the whole thing with dignity and aplomb. When they went to break, he simply told her his wife had died. She of course came back on and apologized. Watching Short, it occurred to me that it's not always necessary to jump down someone's throat, that taking the high road, especially when someone is not aware of all the facts, is a better way to handle things.

I agree totally - good on him....

June 1st, 2012, 2:31 am #4

A real Gentleman, nuff/said.
Last edited by steven9 on June 1st, 2012, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 1st, 2012, 3:44 am #5

an interview? They must pay her a 100G (or more??!!) and she can't even manage to do some minor prep work? Lazy. Oh right, she's not even a third rate interviewer, just a cue card reader. So why didn't the cue card writer/maker check Wiki??? I'm sure she put it on him.

She's good at transfering blame. Recall the SEA sweat shops for her 'exclusive' clothing line? And too her hubby, the hottie and third input humorous fiasco from yrs ago? I believe there she blamed the evil harlot, or did she blame god for that one? It was god's test of their love/marriage. Right.

She's a no talent phoney. I so feel for the crew that has to work w/ her! Whatta pita.

Wonder what an A (maybe B now?) lister is doing on that lame morning show that comes on after another lame morning show? Was he hawking a veg chopper or exercise dvd?

I only 'catch' him, FF thru him really, on Letterman nowadays. Much like Robin Williams, who I also FF thru now, I find Mr Short's schtick tired. It was 15 yrs ago for me. Mr Williams at least made me laugh out loud 20-30 yrs ago. I saw him at an SF comedy club in the mid 70s just about when he was to make a big name for himself. VERY funny guy, on stage, in the 70s. We fig'd he was high, but he did make us laugh.

June 1st, 2012, 5:56 am #6

It was the Canadian thing to do.

June 1st, 2012, 7:41 pm #7

an interview? They must pay her a 100G (or more??!!) and she can't even manage to do some minor prep work? Lazy. Oh right, she's not even a third rate interviewer, just a cue card reader. So why didn't the cue card writer/maker check Wiki??? I'm sure she put it on him.

She's good at transfering blame. Recall the SEA sweat shops for her 'exclusive' clothing line? And too her hubby, the hottie and third input humorous fiasco from yrs ago? I believe there she blamed the evil harlot, or did she blame god for that one? It was god's test of their love/marriage. Right.

She's a no talent phoney. I so feel for the crew that has to work w/ her! Whatta pita.

Wonder what an A (maybe B now?) lister is doing on that lame morning show that comes on after another lame morning show? Was he hawking a veg chopper or exercise dvd?

I only 'catch' him, FF thru him really, on Letterman nowadays. Much like Robin Williams, who I also FF thru now, I find Mr Short's schtick tired. It was 15 yrs ago for me. Mr Williams at least made me laugh out loud 20-30 yrs ago. I saw him at an SF comedy club in the mid 70s just about when he was to make a big name for himself. VERY funny guy, on stage, in the 70s. We fig'd he was high, but he did make us laugh.

June 1st, 2012, 9:14 pm #8

Disney (ABC) just hired her for $40 million to do a new day time talk show on ABC called "Katie." (How original!)

It is better to be the stomper rather than the stompee!
It is better to be the Stomper rather than the Stompee!

June 2nd, 2012, 2:39 am #9

Ugh, that IS depressing. She must have her fans. Head in hands in disgust! nt.

June 2nd, 2012, 3:12 am #10

As you prob noticed, I REALLY don't like her. Add in Oprah and those Kardasians too. nt.