Man can fly! :-)

Man can fly! :-)

March 22nd, 2012, 8:25 pm #1

or at least can make a very convincing video.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/ ... pert-says/

Cheers,
Eric

March 22nd, 2012, 8:29 pm #2

March 22nd, 2012, 8:42 pm #3

as does more than a passing knowledge of aerodynamics.

It's still a pretty cool and well done video.

I suppose now you're going to tell me this isn't real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm8FJ8la2VU

Cheers,
Eric

Last edited by eclarson on March 22nd, 2012, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 22nd, 2012, 10:28 pm #4

Disney showed that elephants could fly waaaaaaay before this!!

March 22nd, 2012, 11:08 pm #5

sfgn

Keep your Sprues Empty

March 22nd, 2012, 11:24 pm #6

Yes the video is real!!
This man is flying and the physics of how he has achieved it relates (aerodynamically speaking) not to how a bird flys but rather... how a butterfly flys.
To elaborate, the bird-explanation uses an "fluid-energy" conservation principle based on Bernoulli's formula.
In contrast, the butterfly (and also this man in the video)uses a principle based on "air viscosity" explained by the Navier-Stokes formula.
So now the question is...how did they manage to get so much viscosity on the wing surface to support a weight that was so much more than a butterfly?
Well the answer is simple!
They impregnated the fabric of the wings with a special substance. Read on...
They managed to extract and purify one of the secret ingredients from a face cream made by "Victoria Principle". You see, they realised the same secret ingredient that makes your skin look years younger and restores its youthful texture, irons out any wrinkles and gives you the lift to help you through your busy day... will also work its magic if rubbed into the fabric.
Trust me, I know what i'm talking about!!!
And for all you sceptics out there who say...
It's imposssible for today to be today's date as well as also being April 1st...well the latest "string-you-along" theory tells us that parallel universes (i.e.,each with their own date), is possible!).
LOL LOL LOL!!!

March 23rd, 2012, 12:30 am #7

With credit to Big Bang Theory

March 23rd, 2012, 2:14 am #8

Yes the video is real!!
This man is flying and the physics of how he has achieved it relates (aerodynamically speaking) not to how a bird flys but rather... how a butterfly flys.
To elaborate, the bird-explanation uses an "fluid-energy" conservation principle based on Bernoulli's formula.
In contrast, the butterfly (and also this man in the video)uses a principle based on "air viscosity" explained by the Navier-Stokes formula.
So now the question is...how did they manage to get so much viscosity on the wing surface to support a weight that was so much more than a butterfly?
Well the answer is simple!
They impregnated the fabric of the wings with a special substance. Read on...
They managed to extract and purify one of the secret ingredients from a face cream made by "Victoria Principle". You see, they realised the same secret ingredient that makes your skin look years younger and restores its youthful texture, irons out any wrinkles and gives you the lift to help you through your busy day... will also work its magic if rubbed into the fabric.
Trust me, I know what i'm talking about!!!
And for all you sceptics out there who say...
It's imposssible for today to be today's date as well as also being April 1st...well the latest "string-you-along" theory tells us that parallel universes (i.e.,each with their own date), is possible!).
LOL LOL LOL!!!
Simply stated:

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet. And when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. Strap buttered toast to the back of a cat, toss the cat into the air, and the two will hover, spinning inches above the ground.

Build an array of multiple buttered cats and it could be used as a means to power a fair sized vehicle.

Cheers,
Eric

March 23rd, 2012, 11:01 am #9

they'd all land on their sides!
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know