LVCP WIP 1

LVCP WIP 1

December 11th, 2011, 7:04 am #1

Here are some shots on how she looked at the beginning of the weekend very much Out of the box at this stage

The instruction sheet is vaugue and particulary lacking in setting out the ramp cabling system. In fact Its more complicated than what is needed and I get the impression that someone may have originally had the idea to have it working.

Plastic is soft and the detail is a little soft for my liking.

After looking at photos of the real thing I soon came to conculsion that as presented the boat is more of a training example rather than an actual combat version. So out with the platicard and relatively minr additions of plating and exhausts and we get to her current status. Also the carpet monster seemed to consume two parts which went flying off the desk.

Some minor fix up and finishing and then onto painting.

The kit decals were intended for D-Day, but the good thing is that both options provided come from ships that latter took part in the Pacific, so not a lot to change there

Fred

December 11th, 2011, 10:13 pm #2

I have never seen it - but I'm sweetly impressed

Nice work on the upgrade with the plastic card, it gives it already a more refined look

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / previous builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix, Trumpeter and AML - Curtiss Hawk 81 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII - Part VIII - Part IX - Part X/End
1/72 - Frog/Novo - Curtiss Tomahawk : Part I - Part II - Part III/End
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

December 12th, 2011, 12:56 am #3

Here are some shots on how she looked at the beginning of the weekend very much Out of the box at this stage

The instruction sheet is vaugue and particulary lacking in setting out the ramp cabling system. In fact Its more complicated than what is needed and I get the impression that someone may have originally had the idea to have it working.

After looking at photos of the real thing I soon came to conculsion that as presented the boat is more of a training example rather than an actual combat version. So out with the platicard and relatively minr additions of plating and exhausts and we get to her current status. Also the carpet monster seemed to consume two parts which went flying off the desk.

The kit decals were intended for D-Day, but the good thing is that both options provided come from ships that latter took part in the Pacific, so not a lot to change there

Fred
This is probably the best build of this kit out there, sweet....

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

December 12th, 2011, 4:38 pm #4

Fred
Wow! I love it!