LSM news letter info

LSM news letter info

March 15th, 2012, 2:59 pm #1

if any of you re ceived one and wish to contact the other company I listed, drop the (AT) at the front of his address.

Mike

March 15th, 2012, 3:36 pm #2

Do you do the general painting AFTER you've assembled/rigged? Your presentation made it look as if you might, which strikes me as a challenge! Great tip about the paint to get super glue off- I assume the paint comes off, taking the super glue with it? Oops, that's two questions.

bob
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know

March 15th, 2012, 3:54 pm #3

Bob, You are right. If you prepaint then rig, when you cut the excess rigging off it does take a spot of paint off. This is much easier to feather the edges for painting than trying to remove the superglue from bare plastic.

On some models I will paint the underside of the top wing and upper surface of the bottom wing then rig the model. On the Halberstadt I used in the news letter I painted the model after I was finished rigging. Since the model was a dark grey I just painted the rigging to.

Hope this made sense.

Mike

March 15th, 2012, 3:54 pm #4

Do you do the general painting AFTER you've assembled/rigged? Your presentation made it look as if you might, which strikes me as a challenge! Great tip about the paint to get super glue off- I assume the paint comes off, taking the super glue with it? Oops, that's two questions.

bob
Double post
Last edited by ResinPrince on March 15th, 2012, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2012, 7:19 pm #5

Bob, You are right. If you prepaint then rig, when you cut the excess rigging off it does take a spot of paint off. This is much easier to feather the edges for painting than trying to remove the superglue from bare plastic.

On some models I will paint the underside of the top wing and upper surface of the bottom wing then rig the model. On the Halberstadt I used in the news letter I painted the model after I was finished rigging. Since the model was a dark grey I just painted the rigging to.

Hope this made sense.

Mike
Not only your explanation, but your plan of attack made sense. Still, I'd be nervous trying to paint in-between the wings!

bob

p.s. I like the PV-1 turret-cover idea- might have to take you up on that one. (And for you "do it yourselfers", yeah, I know I could, but for $5 I'd be tempted to let Mike do it for me.)
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know