Looking for Zuni launchers for F-8 1/48th scale

Looking for Zuni launchers for F-8 1/48th scale

April 2nd, 2012, 11:09 pm #1

Colleagues, I am building a Monogram F-8E Crusader in 1/48th and would like to add Zuni rocket launchers to it. They are not included in the kit. Can anyone point me to a source (besides buying the Hasegawa kit)? Or maybe some accurate drawings so I can scratchbuild them? What is it, just tubing and some kind of mounting adapter?

Thanks!

April 2nd, 2012, 11:30 pm #2

http://www.cobracompany.com/48017.htm

David Rezabek
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
USA

April 2nd, 2012, 11:35 pm #3

Colleagues, I am building a Monogram F-8E Crusader in 1/48th and would like to add Zuni rocket launchers to it. They are not included in the kit. Can anyone point me to a source (besides buying the Hasegawa kit)? Or maybe some accurate drawings so I can scratchbuild them? What is it, just tubing and some kind of mounting adapter?

Thanks!
Shoot me an e-mail if you want 'em.
Last edited by _Hatter_ on April 2nd, 2012, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2012, 11:40 pm #4

Thanks!
The Hasegawa 1/48 F-8E boxing has Zunis.

You might want to ask around....someone may have opted for an AIM-9 load rather than the honkin' rockets.

Kevin

April 3rd, 2012, 2:32 am #5

Thanks!
Hi Kent,

Assuming he's still at it, Don Fogal has been running an armament depot on the Plane Trading board. You might want to contact him at planenutz0266 at yahoo dot com , making the appropriate changes to that address. Good luck!

HTH, Jim