Looking for Some Help With SL ANG F-4E Markings

Looking for Some Help With SL ANG F-4E Markings

May 22nd, 2012, 1:26 am #1

Would like to build the Phantom depicted on Hasegawa's box art for the "30th Anniversary" plane (1/48), but without the commemorative words (just the plain old everday markings). Can this be done with the decals in the box or was there more involved to this plane's markings for that occasion? I can remember flying out of St. Louis in 1988 and taxiing past these planes with their 'grinning' noses and have always wanted to do one of them.
Thanks for any help,

Dwayne

May 22nd, 2012, 1:43 am #2

Don't know what the markings are, but you can probably fake one of these.

The "Boss Bird"

and one of the common herd.

HTH

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross
Not everything had changed, only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

May 22nd, 2012, 3:44 am #3

Would like to build the Phantom depicted on Hasegawa's box art for the "30th Anniversary" plane (1/48), but without the commemorative words (just the plain old everday markings). Can this be done with the decals in the box or was there more involved to this plane's markings for that occasion? I can remember flying out of St. Louis in 1988 and taxiing past these planes with their 'grinning' noses and have always wanted to do one of them.
Thanks for any help,

Dwayne
I don't have the tail codes any more 'cause I used 'em, but I do have the "30th Anniversary" markings, the shark mouth, the stripe for the top of the tail, the little "Phantom" guy and maybe half of what WAS included on the sheet. You're welcome to what I have left - maybe you could salvage at least some of what you need. Drop me a line off-board with your address.

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -
Last edited by craigindaytona on May 22nd, 2012, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, 2012, 2:44 pm #4

The "Boss Bird"

HTH

Jim

the 131st is long gone now.......such a pity.

Frakken' BRAC.

May 22nd, 2012, 5:10 pm #5

The "Boss Bird"

HTH

Jim

I worked the ramp at STL at the end of the center concourse back when it juts used to end about 100 feet from the grass. The MOANG had F-100's then. Always thoght it was cool that the football Cardinals gave them cardinal stickers for their flight helmets.

May 22nd, 2012, 10:57 pm #6

Thanks for any help,

Dwayne
... that exact aircraft. You can drop the big lettering and do the kit markings without changing anything. These might help...

This is on my backlog of "models I want to build", too.

<font size="5" face="Brush Script MT" color="#0000C0">
DWA

Happiness is NOT ... Getting what you want.
Happiness is     ...     Wanting what you've got.
</font>

May 23rd, 2012, 2:15 am #7

The "Boss Bird"

HTH

Jim

... the second image is actually a drone during converion, not a live MO ANG aircraft -- see all the chromate panels and additions on the spine. Also, note it is one of the few machines to get the one-piece windscreen.

<font size="5" face="Brush Script MT" color="#0000C0">
DWA

Happiness is NOT ... Getting what you want.
Happiness is     ...     Wanting what you've got.
</font>

May 23rd, 2012, 4:17 am #8

I don't have the tail codes any more 'cause I used 'em, but I do have the "30th Anniversary" markings, the shark mouth, the stripe for the top of the tail, the little "Phantom" guy and maybe half of what WAS included on the sheet. You're welcome to what I have left - maybe you could salvage at least some of what you need. Drop me a line off-board with your address.