Looking for some advice

Looking for some advice

March 15th, 2012, 4:00 pm #1

I'm looking at purchasing a rechargable Dremel moto-tool, and was wondering which one would be most suited for modelling. My local Walmart has two types available a 4.8 volt and a 7.2 volt, Which one do you gentlemen use if any? Thanks in advance for your help, Joel.

March 15th, 2012, 4:08 pm #2

works great.  It's pretty much useless on metal, though, for that I have a plug-in model. 

March 15th, 2012, 4:27 pm #3

I'm looking at purchasing a rechargable Dremel moto-tool, and was wondering which one would be most suited for modelling. My local Walmart has two types available a 4.8 volt and a 7.2 volt, Which one do you gentlemen use if any? Thanks in advance for your help, Joel.
butt, since they are always needing to be recharged. That is my experience.

My local Canadian Tire had a knock-off version which plugs into the wall socket, and has variable speeds and a good supply of tools to go with it. It works just fine for my plastic needs.

Cheers,

Derek of Toronto OFE

March 15th, 2012, 4:59 pm #4

my Dremel

Whether I am polishing NMF's

Grinding

Trimming PE

Or stirring paint in the jar

It has the necessary snorts when you really need to tear away at stuff or the delicate touch when you need a subtle touch.

March 15th, 2012, 5:16 pm #5

The rechargeable ones are ok at first but the battery wears down fast. The Dremel 3000 series is nice but the one I have didn't have many attachments. Aside from that, it's much better than the rechargeable one my dad has. The 3000 is a variable speed and has a wrench integrated in the chuck cap to allow for quick change of bits.

Cameron Forester
Aviation Maintenance student

I don't rant; I complain logically
-My mom

March 15th, 2012, 5:43 pm #6

butt, since they are always needing to be recharged. That is my experience.

My local Canadian Tire had a knock-off version which plugs into the wall socket, and has variable speeds and a good supply of tools to go with it. It works just fine for my plastic needs.

Cheers,

Derek of Toronto OFE
but I keep an extra battery on-hand and charging. When one runs out, just swap it for the charged one. It ain't rocket science.

I'm not really a pompous ***; I just play one on HyperScale!

Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
Carrollton, Texas
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
CAHS #5646
Carrollton, TX

Proud IPMS-USA Low Number Thumper!

March 15th, 2012, 9:23 pm #7

I have a rechargeable, "Stylus" model and have had good results w/it. n/t .