"Looking for cheap 1/32 F-14A Tomcat decals"

"Looking for cheap 1/32 F-14A Tomcat decals"

June 18th, 2017, 4:22 pm #1

Hi On a budget and looking for one set of 1/32 Tomcat decals. I can pay up to £5-6 for them. Willing to take leftovers from your sheets you didn't use. Kit decals were affected by damp so are a bit iffy to say the least.
I'm in the UK if it matters

Thanks for your time.

Alfie

June 18th, 2017, 4:22 pm #2

Maybe one of you have a photo rat holed away? The center cockpit on the O-47 was for the co-pilot/cameraman/observer. The side walls of his compartment have a number of finger type spring clips along each side. What do the flares look like?

THX, Mike

June 18th, 2017, 5:04 pm #3

Hi Alfie,

I have Superscale 32-218 F-14A VF-211 - Final scheme before decommission. Here's a link to the set :

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/decals ... s32218.htm

Offering them for $5 (usd), plus shipping (I'm located in the U.S.)

Cheers,

Mike

June 18th, 2017, 6:46 pm #4

Hi Mike, those would do fine for the kit, better than the ones I have at the moment.
Do you get a colour scheme with them like you do with other decal sets?

Anyway how much to get them to me in the UK?

Alfie

June 18th, 2017, 7:01 pm #5

with the black cockpit area makes a beautiful model !! But, even if it does not use white, it is still a lovely completed model !! Good luck, George

June 18th, 2017, 8:11 pm #6

Maybe one of you have a photo rat holed away? The center cockpit on the O-47 was for the co-pilot/cameraman/observer. The side walls of his compartment have a number of finger type spring clips along each side. What do the flares look like?

THX, Mike
They are color interior shots and two of typical WWII flares that look like they would fit the clips. They are not for sure what was in the O-47 but since the services used similar equipment across aircraft types you can't go too far wrong here.
I will e-mail them.

June 18th, 2017, 9:01 pm #7

Hi Mike, those would do fine for the kit, better than the ones I have at the moment.
Do you get a colour scheme with them like you do with other decal sets?

Anyway how much to get them to me in the UK?

Alfie
Hi Alfie,

I'll have to get to the post office tomorrow and see what postage would be to the UK. Within the U.S., it's generally about $2, but I haven't shipped any decals overseas in any recent history, so my info on that is null.
I'll get the full instruction sheet scanned and posted later today.

Thanks,

Mike

June 18th, 2017, 9:13 pm #8

They are color interior shots and two of typical WWII flares that look like they would fit the clips. They are not for sure what was in the O-47 but since the services used similar equipment across aircraft types you can't go too far wrong here.
I will e-mail them.
wish I could get a clear copy/print of the lower interior one. All my attempts are so blurred as to be useless.

June 18th, 2017, 9:19 pm #9

THX, Mike
Flares used for "reconnoitering" are anywhere from 4.75 to 8 inches in diameter.

Now the army did have a smaller one that could be fired from a pistol and was only 2 inches in diameter

Steven “Modeldad” Eisenman

'Storm's A-Comin' Baby'

June 19th, 2017, 4:19 am #10

Hi On a budget and looking for one set of 1/32 Tomcat decals. I can pay up to £5-6 for them. Willing to take leftovers from your sheets you didn't use. Kit decals were affected by damp so are a bit iffy to say the least.
I'm in the UK if it matters

Thanks for your time.

Alfie
Hi Alfie,

Here's the full instruction sheet scan for you to review :