Long shot- Anybody have an extra SBD fuselage?

Long shot- Anybody have an extra SBD fuselage?

July 15th, 2012, 11:19 pm #1

I have a 1/48 Accurate Minatures SBD-1 Dauntless kit that has a badly molded left main fuselage half (part number A1). Anyone happen to have one laying around they won't be using, and at a reasonable price? I know of a seller on eBay that has some A.M. part bundles available, but all I need is the one fuselage half as the rest of the kit is fine, so buying from him would get me a bunch of extra stuff I don't need. I thought I'd try here first, then it's off to eBay if nothing pans out here.

I'm in California, and my email is: airhead5(at)comcast(dot)net

Thanks!

July 16th, 2012, 1:19 am #2

I'll look, I might have some fuselage sprues left.

Steve

July 16th, 2012, 3:03 am #3

I have a 1/48 Accurate Minatures SBD-1 Dauntless kit that has a badly molded left main fuselage half (part number A1). Anyone happen to have one laying around they won't be using, and at a reasonable price? I know of a seller on eBay that has some A.M. part bundles available, but all I need is the one fuselage half as the rest of the kit is fine, so buying from him would get me a bunch of extra stuff I don't need. I thought I'd try here first, then it's off to eBay if nothing pans out here.

Thanks!
The good news is I I have a spare set of fuselages you are welcome to, the bad news is they are for a -5. Comparing it to the -1/2/3 fuselage, the only difference is the molded on sliding door for the twin guns; it looks like you could easily sand it off. The scribing for the earlier door is all still there.

Oh yeah, the tail wheel broke off the left half. Can you transfer it from your bad one?

Let me know if you don't find a better option: ferdico at yahoo dot com.

July 16th, 2012, 3:13 am #4

Thanks!
Thank you gents for your kind offers! I already have another generous soul that is helping me out, but if that deal doesn't come through for whatever reason, I might be hitting you guys up. Again, thanks guys!

July 16th, 2012, 10:55 am #5

Thanks!
What are the odds! I have both fuse halves that I picked up I was in the old AM warehouse. Send me your address and I'll get them out to you.

Regards,

JR

July 17th, 2012, 12:53 am #6

but I've already got one coming from another Hyperscaler. I appreciate your offer though!

July 17th, 2012, 12:54 am #7

Thanks!
Part found; thank you all! n/t