Kudos to Pierpaolo MAGLIO

Kudos to Pierpaolo MAGLIO

July 3rd, 2012, 3:31 am #1

The photo which adorns the boxtop on the new Hasegawa 1/72 F-16A ADF Fighting Falcon was taken by him. It even has his name on there.

Way to go Pierpaolo. Nice photo!

Nice to see a Hyperscaler get some recognition.

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross
Not everything had changed, only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

July 3rd, 2012, 4:09 am #2

there are actually two F-16A ADF with my photo on cover, which one do you like the most?

[/IMG]

http://www.hlj.com/product/hsg01980

I also worked and checked on the decals printed by Cartograf and can tell you these are among the best ever seen into an Hasegawa box.
Cheers
Paolo
Last edited by PAOLOMAGLIO on July 3rd, 2012, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 4:14 am #3

The photo which adorns the boxtop on the new Hasegawa 1/72 F-16A ADF Fighting Falcon was taken by him. It even has his name on there.

Way to go Pierpaolo. Nice photo!

Nice to see a Hyperscaler get some recognition.

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross
The 'Viper' and the 'Veltro 51 (Octopus)' kits both have his photos on them. Too cool! Cartograph decals for both kits makes it even better.

Corbin

July 3rd, 2012, 4:32 am #4

Diana is still missing...
Cheers
Paolo

July 3rd, 2012, 6:29 am #5

If Hasegawa releases a 'Diana' boxing I'll have to get it to keep my Pierpaolo MAGLIO box photo collection complete!

I have a question for you about the painting guide for the 'Veltro 51' kit. Hasegawa's instruction call for a mix of 90% Cowling Color and 10% Sky Blue for the "black" areas on the fuselage and wings. Is their mix correct? Now that I look closer, the greyhound DOES look blacker than the fuselage. Have you tried Hasegawa's suggested mix?

Corbin

July 3rd, 2012, 7:02 am #6

unfortunately I didn't have the time to test Hasegawa suggested mix.
That colour is quite a problem.
While the two grayhounds are just BLACK, the most of the fuselage is painted in very dark gray.
This gray looks like black green inside the shelter with neon lights, looks dark blue in the open, when the sky is blue and just gray when it is overcasted.
I think this is due to the fact that the airframe was covered with clear gloss paint and it reflect the light it receives from the surronding areas.
I made my own mix of dark blue + dark gray
[/IMG]

July 3rd, 2012, 7:43 am #7

Original paint was RAL 7019 Anthracite Gray, acrilic wall paint!
Unfortunately there is no perfect match for it on FS.

Note how the colour change in these photos, both shot with the same camere the very same date, just changing the angle:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

All Hyperscalers working on Octopus, Viper or Diana F-16 ADF are wellcome to write me to ask for detail pics, walkaround and whatever else they may need to know.
Thanks
PAolo
Last edited by PAOLOMAGLIO on July 3rd, 2012, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 3:51 pm #8

I have the colors Hasegawa suggests on order from Lucky Model. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Cheers, Corbin

July 3rd, 2012, 3:56 pm #9

there are actually two F-16A ADF with my photo on cover, which one do you like the most?

[/IMG]

http://www.hlj.com/product/hsg01980

I also worked and checked on the decals printed by Cartograf and can tell you these are among the best ever seen into an Hasegawa box.
Cheers
Paolo
Both are great photos, but the 'Octopus' shot is the most exciting.