Kudos to Eduard on the new 1/48 190A kit

Kudos to Eduard on the new 1/48 190A kit

February 13th, 2018, 2:28 am #1

I've been working on this kit for about a week now and I'm nearly to the painting stage. The fit of all the major parts has been so good I got tired of saying "wow". The cowling, the wing root, the cockpit, the wheel wells, the wing halves, just really superb fit. No gaps, no steps, nada, zip.
One can see from all the spare parts on the sprues that there will be many more iterations to come. Such a great improvement over their previous 190 family of kits. I'm sure I'll be building many more. My only nits so far are with the fabric texture and the instrument panel combing fit (part A24), but that can be improved (widened) with a little hot water and gentle encouragement.

I bought one of the overtrees kits from Sprue Bros. You might be confused by how Eduard has labled the early and late A-4 kits. "Slats" and "Flaps" refer to either the cooling slots (holes) or louvers on the sides of the fuselage. 2 guns and 4 guns refers to the wing cannons. Check your references for which version you want to build.

Cheers,
Dave

February 13th, 2018, 2:47 am #2

I was curious about what exactly Eduard meant by "slats" and "flaps".