Kiska P-40E Tiger Marking Question

Kiska P-40E Tiger Marking Question

May 22nd, 2012, 1:19 pm #1

Gents,

Based on the photo below, do you think the Tiger's head is the same yellow as the spinner? I have two sets decals for the Tiger's head, one yellow (kit) and one that is a yellow-orange (AM), but the spinner is yellow. Do they need to be the same color or are they different?

TIA

Brad

[/IMG]

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

May 22nd, 2012, 1:26 pm #2

-and neither appear to be the orange yellow colour.

Just my take

May 22nd, 2012, 1:28 pm #3

Gents,

Based on the photo below, do you think the Tiger's head is the same yellow as the spinner? I have two sets decals for the Tiger's head, one yellow (kit) and one that is a yellow-orange (AM), but the spinner is yellow. Do they need to be the same color or are they different?

TIA

Brad

[/IMG]

Were they painted at the same time with the same can of paint? Weathering and exhaust?

Theses look "pretty close".

Masking tape in short supply!

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming
Last edited by modeldad on May 22nd, 2012, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, 2012, 1:30 pm #4

Gents,

TIA

Brad

[/IMG]

Insignia Yellow so I think it is safe to assume the artist used that color on both the spinner and the art work.

Remember...... Happiness can be cured. See me for further details.

May 22nd, 2012, 2:13 pm #5

Gents,

TIA

Brad

[/IMG]

Seriously, looking at the photos, it doesn't leap out at me that the yellows are much if any different. Why don't you trust your perception?

Pip Moss

May 22nd, 2012, 4:16 pm #6

Insignia Yellow so I think it is safe to assume the artist used that color on both the spinner and the art work.

Remember...... Happiness can be cured. See me for further details.
It was also used for the 18 FS spinners and on the 54th's P-38s.

The concentration of wealth means the proliferation of misery.

May 22nd, 2012, 7:30 pm #7

Gents,

TIA

Brad

[/IMG]

I was hoping to not have to use the kit decals, as they are Hasegawa, and in 1/32 scale, the Tiger decal is quite large. Wish me luck.

Cheers
Brad

May 23rd, 2012, 6:49 am #8

Might work very well, and also a teeny mismatch here and there might just make it look more interesting.

May 23rd, 2012, 1:19 pm #9

/