Kinetics 1:48 C-2A Greyhound WIP part 4

Kinetics 1:48 C-2A Greyhound WIP part 4

July 20th, 2012, 10:57 am #1

Work on the C-2A Greyhoud continues. I did some weathering as I wanted to keep this special paint scheme more clean than I do usually. Oilwashes were used for the panel lines. A coat of matt varnished was airbrushed to seal everything off and finally I could take off those screen masks. It looks quite crisp and I'm pretty happy with the results. In the mean time the engines, props and landing gear have been painted and I will decall an weather those this weekend. So next week I hope to show some pics with all except the outer wings (which I will keep unfolded) and small details. Great build and a lot of good time. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do building her. All comments welcome as usual, happy modeling, Jeroen

July 20th, 2012, 11:38 am #2

That is beautiful work so far, especially on a scheme such as this.

The finished model is going to look absolutetly stunning!

Cheer's,
Jeff.

July 20th, 2012, 12:01 pm #3

Work on the C-2A Greyhoud continues. I did some weathering as I wanted to keep this special paint scheme more clean than I do usually. Oilwashes were used for the panel lines. A coat of matt varnished was airbrushed to seal everything off and finally I could take off those screen masks. It looks quite crisp and I'm pretty happy with the results. In the mean time the engines, props and landing gear have been painted and I will decall an weather those this weekend. So next week I hope to show some pics with all except the outer wings (which I will keep unfolded) and small details. Great build and a lot of good time. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do building her. All comments welcome as usual, happy modeling, Jeroen

... Thinking back to the days flying on them...

Fantastic work! (Still think you should have gone with VRC-50 though )

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

July 20th, 2012, 12:52 pm #4

Such a great scheme and beautifully executed

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale

July 20th, 2012, 1:37 pm #5

This is amazing. My hats off to you sir. Simply beautiful

July 20th, 2012, 2:44 pm #6

-builds I've seen. Your restraint is saintly, my friend- just enough wear and discoloration to give a sense of scale and realism. I'm falling in love with this whale of a plane- rudders galore, chunky- and it has props- glorious props!

All the best to you, Maestro!
chuk

July 20th, 2012, 6:07 pm #7

My next project after my Hawkeye.

July 21st, 2012, 3:20 am #8

Naturally HATES the Rawhides......I gotta say.....simply stunning!!!!! But 30 rules 40 drools.....geeze that's cheesy, but polite! Nice job!
Rob

July 21st, 2012, 4:21 am #9

What a gorgeous build and it encorporates all the things I love about certain aircraft schemes. It's very colorful paint scheme, visually interesting from nose to tail, and of course in typical Jeroen style, impeccably built with just the right amount of weathering for the subject at hand. Absolutely love it Jeroen. I can't wait to see what you'll do with the Tamiya Mustang!

Cheers,
Wolf

July 21st, 2012, 5:20 am #10

Looks absolutely wonderful Jeroen. I especially like the restrained weathering even though it is an anniversary scheme. I have those decals and that is the scheme I am planning so seeing yours certainly provides some inspiration. Hope mine comes out half as well as yours. Thanks so much for posting.

Cheers
Chris