Karen 's Beaufighter on What's new page

Karen 's Beaufighter on What's new page

January 12th, 2018, 11:19 am #1

First of all, it's nice to see you in person, you're certainly more beautiful than any modellers here on Hyperscale. LOL . Your Beaufighter is very very well done , superb paint an subtle weathering . Nice photography too. I love this model.
Last edited by Serge Dompierre on January 12th, 2018, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

January 12th, 2018, 12:40 pm #2

I have a Mk.XXI Green Ghost planned and hope it will turn out half as nice. Modeler at the workbench pictures are a nice idea for everyone.

January 12th, 2018, 2:26 pm #3

First of all, it's nice to see you in person, you're certainly more beautiful than any modellers here on Hyperscale. LOL . Your Beaufighter is very very well done , superb paint an subtle weathering . Nice photography too. I love this model.
impressed by how clean the framing on the transparency's edges are. I'd kill to get mine that sharp. Anything special you do?
Last edited by hdente on January 12th, 2018, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 12th, 2018, 3:22 pm #4

but in this day and age, I think we have to be careful about gender-based personal comments. If Karen were a man, would we be posting anything like "... you're certainly more handsome than any modellers here ...?" Just sayin'.

January 12th, 2018, 3:31 pm #5

“in this day and age, I think we have to be careful about gender-based personal comments.”

No I don’t. I should be polite and courteous, but my comments and opinions are not subject to whether someone else may agree or not.

Let’s leave political correctness outside the modeling community.

Thank you.

January 12th, 2018, 3:43 pm #6

but in this day and age, I think we have to be careful about gender-based personal comments. If Karen were a man, would we be posting anything like "... you're certainly more handsome than any modellers here ...?" Just sayin'.
No worries here, It's all good fun!

January 12th, 2018, 3:48 pm #7

impressed by how clean the framing on the transparency's edges are. I'd kill to get mine that sharp. Anything special you do?
Hi Harry,

Thanks for the kind words. I used Eduard Mask on the windows. I don't know if I do anything special but I try and peel the tape off as soon as possible while the paint is still wet and a little more flexible. And I try and peel it back towards the painted edge.

Karen

January 12th, 2018, 4:02 pm #8

That uses coffee cups as tool storage. I have one for sanding sticks, brushes, and q tips. Very crisp work on the Beau. It came out looking great!

Brandon

January 12th, 2018, 4:02 pm #9

Brandon
Last edited by Bravosierra001 on January 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 12th, 2018, 4:42 pm #10

“in this day and age, I think we have to be careful about gender-based personal comments.”

No I don’t. I should be polite and courteous, but my comments and opinions are not subject to whether someone else may agree or not.

Let’s leave political correctness outside the modeling community.

Thank you.
"political correctness" as you call it, is really just basic human decency and should know no boundaries. There is no reason to point out that Karen is anything other than a modeler and talented to boot. Commenting on her model is entirely acceptable and I trust she appreciates the feedback. Anything other than that is uncalled for, unnecessary and should not be something that is done here or anywhere. You summed it up in your last statement, this IS a modeling community, let us stick to the (plastic) models please.

Rick