KAI T-50 detail photos available?

KAI T-50 detail photos available?

May 5th, 2012, 1:47 am #1

Google has not been kind to me. I'm working on Academy's 1/48th kit and the wheel wells are begging for some added details. Haven't found any decent photos. Anyone out there have any info?

Thanks

Mark

May 5th, 2012, 7:55 am #2

bird, a plane a sandwich?

You may get a better response with more details

HTH JH

May 5th, 2012, 8:44 am #3

The picture was found on airliners.net

Saluti

Giampiero

Last edited by GiampieroSilvestri on May 5th, 2012, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 5th, 2012, 3:33 pm #4

HTH JH
Its co-designer is Lockheed Aircraft corp. And they will enter it into the TXX trainer comp. to replace the Northrop T-38. It is an advanced supersonic trainer, that can be turned into a small attack aircraft. Its biggest rival is the Macchi M-346, an Italian advanced trainer, that also will be entered into the TXX competition. Size, engine, etc can be found with Google. It will be a major player in any upcoming trainer competition that is happening, throughout the world.

May 5th, 2012, 4:50 pm #5

HTH JH
Yes, it's a fabulous little jet!!

I had a ride in the fixed base sim they brought at Le Bourget airshow 3-4 years ago. What a joy to fly. A fast accelerating and very maneuverable little gem. The pit is a clone of the F 16 so you feel at ease straight away.
The KAI team that was there was very professional and friendly, they even let my dad have a go. He just said he wished he had such power and easiness of flight back in the days he was a fighter pilot on the F84F .lool

Hope to see these little birds in the future air forces around the world...

Cheers

May 5th, 2012, 5:23 pm #6

Its co-designer is Lockheed Aircraft corp. And they will enter it into the TXX trainer comp. to replace the Northrop T-38. It is an advanced supersonic trainer, that can be turned into a small attack aircraft. Its biggest rival is the Macchi M-346, an Italian advanced trainer, that also will be entered into the TXX competition. Size, engine, etc can be found with Google. It will be a major player in any upcoming trainer competition that is happening, throughout the world.
I am biased towards the M-346 since I led the engineering design, development and flight test for it's engine. My avatar is a still from the first engine start video.

That being said, the Academy T-50 kit is a real gem. You can tell a lot of pride went into this design and production of this kit, it realy defines the state of the art injection moulding technology. The one piece vertical stabilizer is hollow at the root - I suppose to keep the plastic thickess down and reduce sinking. There are a lot of highly detailed tiny, tiny parts that are going to be a "joy" to cut off the sprues. I see a lot of finicky microsaw action in my future. I've only put together a few sub-assemblies and the fit so far has been excellent.

I've been in the modeling doldrums lately and this kit has kick-started my modeling mojo. Maybe I can finish this in something less than a year.

Mark - still hoping that Italeri will do a similar job with the M-346.