KA-6D Intruder refueler....

KA-6D Intruder refueler....

June 24th, 2012, 2:35 am #1

Need information/details of the in-flight refueling basket on the KA-6D Intruder.I have the Cobra Company's "KA-6D Intruder conversion and D-704 "Buddy Pack" refueling store" conversion kit, but the basket detail on the KA-6D conversion and the D-704 refueling store is severely lacking in any real detail, and I would prefer to try and scratch-build my own if possible. Any information would be appreciated. TIA.

June 24th, 2012, 7:06 am #2

there are a couple of refueling sequences in the movie, with KA-6D

if you have a way to freeze and capture stills,,,you can get multiple shots and angles

Rex

one from each squadron??,,"geeez Rex, how many display cases will that take up?"

http://hangardeckview.blogspot.com/

June 24th, 2012, 12:03 pm #3

Need information/details of the in-flight refueling basket on the KA-6D Intruder.I have the Cobra Company's "KA-6D Intruder conversion and D-704 "Buddy Pack" refueling store" conversion kit, but the basket detail on the KA-6D conversion and the D-704 refueling store is severely lacking in any real detail, and I would prefer to try and scratch-build my own if possible. Any information would be appreciated. TIA.
There's a few images of what the basket looks like in-flight. The ring of the basket is made up of steel vanes that are attached from the hose outward to the canvas covered opening. HtH !

June 24th, 2012, 7:14 pm #4

Hi Lewin,

I hope this photo might help. It's a close-up shot of the basket from KA-6D BuNo 152910 I took at the Oakland Aviaton Museum in 2009.

-Derek

[/IMG]

June 27th, 2012, 3:26 am #5

there are a couple of refueling sequences in the movie, with KA-6D

if you have a way to freeze and capture stills,,,you can get multiple shots and angles

Rex

one from each squadron??,,"geeez Rex, how many display cases will that take up?"

http://hangardeckview.blogspot.com/