Just heard on the radio that Andy Griffith has died

Just heard on the radio that Andy Griffith has died

July 3rd, 2012, 2:09 pm #1

Really sad. I would watch the Andy Griffith show every morning before heading outside for a day of fun in the Summertime. One of the funniest shows from the early 60s till Barney left.

RIP Mr. Griffith

July 3rd, 2012, 2:23 pm #2

Sad to hear that - one of my all-time favorites. I watch the Andy Griffith show whenever I can (and when the wife doesn't mind...) - that was one of the few shows that had a moral to it...
Last edited by yzfrider2001 on July 3rd, 2012, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 2:34 pm #3

Really sad. I would watch the Andy Griffith show every morning before heading outside for a day of fun in the Summertime. One of the funniest shows from the early 60s till Barney left.

RIP Mr. Griffith
Very loyal and honest guy I understand.

Last acting job I recall seeing him was a very nice/sweet part in 'Waitress'.

July 3rd, 2012, 3:43 pm #4

RIP Mr. Griffith
No Time for Sargents was/is a hoot. Mike

July 3rd, 2012, 4:14 pm #5

RIP Mr. Griffith
Can still watch the brilliance of that show today. His teaming with Don Knots remains one of the best comedy/buddy teams in television history.

July 3rd, 2012, 4:39 pm #6

No Time for Sargents was/is a hoot. Mike
Hilarious film, brilliant performance. RIP Mr Griffith and thank you for everything you shared with us.

July 3rd, 2012, 6:00 pm #7

RIP Mr. Griffith
(Andy Griffth Show)
Sure, it was hardly "life in the big city", but, you never had to look hard to find something to relate to, or something to identify with.

Here is a clip Andy did with some local Cleveland celebs WAY back in the day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSmzveYQngA

the man simply knew how to play to his own strengths....

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

July 3rd, 2012, 6:18 pm #8

RIP Mr. Griffith
...in which he answered the perennial question of was Mayberry like his home town of Mt. Airy. Paraphrasing here: He responded that Mayberry was an ideal, not a real place, and that comparing a real town to an ideal was unfair to the real people of Mt. Airy who lived their lives in the real world with all its associated trials and problems and heartbreaks.

RIP.

Regards,

Lee G.
Last edited by leegee_77 on July 3rd, 2012, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 7:06 pm #9

(Andy Griffth Show)
Sure, it was hardly "life in the big city", but, you never had to look hard to find something to relate to, or something to identify with.

Here is a clip Andy did with some local Cleveland celebs WAY back in the day....

growing up in the 60's in my town that has around 5000 more people now, I go to this show a lot, to remember how it was possible to walk down dirt paths to a creek, to play with my dog in fields that were yet to be built on. Stuff like that.

You know we really need to spend a lot more time just sitting on the porch and kicking back, drinking a bottle of pop.

Craig

July 3rd, 2012, 7:24 pm #10

(Andy Griffth Show)

Well said.