Just a teaser shot of the 1/350 Academy FFG-7 Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate.

Just a teaser shot of the 1/350 Academy FFG-7 Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate.

August 11th, 2011, 2:47 pm #1

The build is a review for FSM so I can't post much, but if anyone has an interest in the Perry class frigates in Lamps III this is one heck of a kit!!!! The photoetch is somewhat soft and VERY delicate but it fits perfectly and sure dressed up the original kit! Remember, this is box stock. No additions, no changes from what's in the box. Just paint. For less than 300 parts in plastic and another 60+ in photoetch you end up with one stunningly busy and beautiful ship!

While not the largest, or most detailed, or most expensive ship I've ever built, it was the most enjoyable and the final product is absolutely stunning in all respects! I'm tempted to buy another one to do up in Atlantic colors. There are so many changes throughout the class and years that you could have two basically identical hulls with a vast difference in looks.

I highly recommend this ship! A heck of a lot of fun for the price and something to show with pride! I think I'm finally going to have to buy a real display case for her. No way I want dust and spiders and all the rest messing this thing up.

Illegitimi non carborundum
In memory of Denis Keegan.

August 13th, 2011, 10:09 pm #2

Great build ya got going there, Sir! Appreciate the "mini-review" also.

Regards, Tomt.

August 14th, 2011, 2:43 am #3

I built the Dragon Scharnhorst a few months ago. It was brutal. But worth the effort. This kit was almost easy and enjoyable. And I feel it's every bit as good and detailed. Here's more teaser since you like the other one.

Sorry the focus is a little soft. My camera is having issues these days. Time to buy a new one I guess?

Illegitimi non carborundum
In memory of Denis Keegan.