Italeris new Hurricane finished

Italeris new Hurricane finished

May 15th, 2012, 10:09 pm #1

So, I went ahead and got myself an Italeri Hurricane and from opening the box to finishing the build it has been mixed feelings all the way. As the pictures show, this kit turns out looking very much like the real thing so in the end I was very happy with it. On the other hand, I can't believe that a mainstream manufacturer releases a brand new kit with such soft details and with such errors as the awful control column. If I was to build another Hurricane, Italeri might still be the best choice but I would want to replace the cockpit, the wheelwell, exhausts, the chin intake and the wheels. I did replace the wheels and the exhausts. Unfortunately the wheels wasn't quite set so I need to redo those. They look a little wonky in some of the pictures...

I used decals from Aviaeology and they worked great!

I also used the new Polyurethane stuff from Vallejo, both their primer which I found excellent, no thinning needed. I also used their polyurethane glosscoat. It's supposed to be used direct from the bottle but I thinned it 50/50 with distilled water and misted it on. Worked really great!

Weathering was done by airbrush, some pigments, silverpencil and an oilwash.

Last edited by Cpt_Farrel on May 15th, 2012, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 15th, 2012, 10:14 pm #2

Beautifuly done model, superb paint work and awesome photography.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

May 15th, 2012, 10:48 pm #3

So, I went ahead and got myself an Italeri Hurricane and from opening the box to finishing the build it has been mixed feelings all the way. As the pictures show, this kit turns out looking very much like the real thing so in the end I was very happy with it. On the other hand, I can't believe that a mainstream manufacturer releases a brand new kit with such soft details and with such errors as the awful control column. If I was to build another Hurricane, Italeri might still be the best choice but I would want to replace the cockpit, the wheelwell, exhausts, the chin intake and the wheels. I did replace the wheels and the exhausts. Unfortunately the wheels wasn't quite set so I need to redo those. They look a little wonky in some of the pictures...

I also used the new Polyurethane stuff from Vallejo, both their primer which I found excellent, no thinning needed. I also used their polyurethane glosscoat. It's supposed to be used direct from the bottle but I thinned it 50/50 with distilled water and misted it on. Worked really great!

...but he wanted the ancient Airfix kit. So I am suffering. I am jealous of the Italeri kit.

How did you do the grass base? I am very interested, as I have a project that needs a similar grassy field for the base.

Mark

May 16th, 2012, 1:01 am #4

May 16th, 2012, 2:40 am #5

Lines, "stance", looks like a proper 'urricane to me. You have done a really nice job with it. That tall grass base is cool. The canopy and windscreen look great, one of the things I hate about the Hasegawas is the "Notch" behind the headresst you have to fill in if you want an open hood.

May 16th, 2012, 5:37 am #6

It looks real! Great model, great paintwork, I love everything.
greetings,
Daniele

May 16th, 2012, 5:51 am #7

That is a great looking Hurricane!! Great job on the photos as well!!

Brandon

May 16th, 2012, 8:27 am #8

Where can I get such beautiful grass/meadow from???
It underlines the very realistic look!!!

Thanks for Your information!

Greetings from Germany

Arne
Last edited by Nachtjagd on May 16th, 2012, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2012, 9:51 am #9

Beautiful job !!

May 16th, 2012, 12:16 pm #10

you did her proud,wonderful job.Is that the kit canopy,it looks very thin.