Is a 1/32nd Revell B-25a possibility?

Is a 1/32nd Revell B-25a possibility?

March 28th, 2012, 1:42 pm #1

Given Revell's recent 1/32nd scale German bomber kits, do you think there's a chance they release a B-25 at a price point less than half that of the new H-K kit? Seems like a natural progression if sales of the big German bombers are decent.

March 28th, 2012, 2:27 pm #2

the market may not be big enough to support two 32nd B-25 kit offering from different manufacturers. H-K isn't producing a whole lot of these kit to begin with. From what I understand and have read perhaps less than 5000 copies.

Tooling and production costs along with projected sales are going to determine how many kits would need to be produced for a given sales price.

RevellAG was the one that initiated the luft bombers...not Revell USA. Luft bombers were probably near and dear to their hearts as they were a German company. That and they didn't have to pay a licensing fee to anyone since those aircraft manufacturers are no longer in business and were on the losing side of the war. (I have no idea if H-K is paying a license fee or not but if they were it may be figured in to the higher price we're seeing on their kits)

Now that RevellAG is wholly part of Revell USA it may be unclear if they will still pursue new kit development as aggressively as they have in the past. One hopes they will and it has been intimated as much in the press releases but we all know with new owners things can and do change.

personally I just don't see it.....

March 28th, 2012, 2:44 pm #3

Since HK and supposedly another outfit are working on 1/32 B-25s there is the possibility that Revell could rebox one. Revell reboxes Hasegawa, Italeri, ICM, etc. and now has a deal to sell Moebius kits in Revell boxes. So, who knows.

March 28th, 2012, 2:52 pm #4

Given Revell's recent 1/32nd scale German bomber kits, do you think there's a chance they release a B-25 at a price point less than half that of the new H-K kit? Seems like a natural progression if sales of the big German bombers are decent.
There's a whole lot of model in the box from HK Models B-25.I think the price is about what you would expect today. I got mine for $130.00 today from a vendor in Hong Kong. There is no limited run of these kits as there would have been with Wingscale.
Sorry but gone are the days of cheap kits just look at what we pay now for a gallon of gas.

March 28th, 2012, 3:18 pm #5

There's seemingly enough kit with enough quality at a $60-70 price point to generate pretty favorable reviews. If they are selling, my guess is the similarly sized B-25 in that price range would sell pretty well too. I'm not so sure other allied twins (A-20, A-26, B-26, etc) would.

March 28th, 2012, 3:24 pm #6

seems that Revell can produce a quality 1/32 aircraft for almost half of what the Chinese companies can produce. Given that, I think there is plenty of room for kits that are great and much, much lower in price.

March 28th, 2012, 4:09 pm #7

the market may not be big enough to support two 32nd B-25 kit offering from different manufacturers. H-K isn't producing a whole lot of these kit to begin with. From what I understand and have read perhaps less than 5000 copies.

Tooling and production costs along with projected sales are going to determine how many kits would need to be produced for a given sales price.

RevellAG was the one that initiated the luft bombers...not Revell USA. Luft bombers were probably near and dear to their hearts as they were a German company. That and they didn't have to pay a licensing fee to anyone since those aircraft manufacturers are no longer in business and were on the losing side of the war. (I have no idea if H-K is paying a license fee or not but if they were it may be figured in to the higher price we're seeing on their kits)

Now that RevellAG is wholly part of Revell USA it may be unclear if they will still pursue new kit development as aggressively as they have in the past. One hopes they will and it has been intimated as much in the press releases but we all know with new owners things can and do change.

personally I just don't see it.....
I would buy Revells if it came out cause of the price...The other companys is to pricey

March 28th, 2012, 4:36 pm #8

A deal, deal! Maybe He's a Republican?
60 feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!

March 28th, 2012, 5:26 pm #9

There's a whole lot of model in the box from HK Models B-25.I think the price is about what you would expect today. I got mine for $130.00 today from a vendor in Hong Kong. There is no limited run of these kits as there would have been with Wingscale.
Sorry but gone are the days of cheap kits just look at what we pay now for a gallon of gas.
Worth it?

First impressions as an unbiased kit purchaser?

March 28th, 2012, 5:32 pm #10

A deal, deal! Maybe He's a Republican?
60 feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!
its easy to display them... just do like we all do - by 'em and stack up the boxes anywhere they fit....

but seriously, I gotta get the big ones just because they are so big. I will deal with where they will go someday...