IPMS USA Nationals getting ever closer

IPMS USA Nationals getting ever closer

May 21st, 2012, 7:14 pm #1

I received my packet today from the exhibit company and it also included the room layouts. I had several say they could not locate me last year. If you are there and looking for Lone Star Models , look for one of those feather shaped flags of the Lone Star state flag. It will be around 12 feet tall so you should be able to see it. Looks like over 80 individual companies will be there this year. I guess I had beter get busy building my entry!

I look forward to seeing many of you there. remember if there is something you want to make sure you get from me at the convention, let me know early and I'll put your name on it and bring it along.

Mike

May 21st, 2012, 7:58 pm #2

Still plenty far from California

yeah, all except the part about him being presumed dead.

May 21st, 2012, 9:36 pm #3

Jeff

May 21st, 2012, 9:44 pm #4

The one next year is in Colorado but after that it is anyones guess as no bidding has taken place. Years ago it was rotated east/west/central but fewer have been bidding so I think that has kinda gone out the window.

Mike

May 21st, 2012, 10:19 pm #5

preferably somewhere between Sacramento and Seattle. That would put it within driving distance for me. Plus, I'd have family/friends I could bunk with and not have to spend the bucks for a motel.

Cheers, Terry

May 22nd, 2012, 12:04 am #6

I received my packet today from the exhibit company and it also included the room layouts. I had several say they could not locate me last year. If you are there and looking for Lone Star Models , look for one of those feather shaped flags of the Lone Star state flag. It will be around 12 feet tall so you should be able to see it. Looks like over 80 individual companies will be there this year. I guess I had beter get busy building my entry!

I look forward to seeing many of you there. remember if there is something you want to make sure you get from me at the convention, let me know early and I'll put your name on it and bring it along.

Mike
What is this thing they keep talking about the "west" coast? Does it truly exist?
I've heard rumors about something called a "Pacific Ocean". Fascinating.

All kidding aside...I have heard that the business meeting at the convention is entertaining a
large number of bids for future events.

Tom

May 22nd, 2012, 2:54 am #7

Jeff
someone from the west coast bids. As Mike stated, there used to be a set rotation of East, Mid and West set up, but as fewer clubs were willing to bid, the board started having no choice but to accept whatever bids came in

Mike

May 22nd, 2012, 4:56 am #8

What is this thing they keep talking about the "west" coast? Does it truly exist?
I've heard rumors about something called a "Pacific Ocean". Fascinating.

All kidding aside...I have heard that the business meeting at the convention is entertaining a
large number of bids for future events.

Tom
Not usually a large number of bidders, sometimes maybe 3?
I miss the manufacturers meetings they used to have.
Back in the early days when there was no vendors area to speak of we would all hit the local hobby shops or go on the tours. Now the Nationals are for 3 or 4 days the worlds largest hobby shop and a huge pool of some very talented people are in attendance.

Mike

May 22nd, 2012, 5:42 am #9

Mike
So far, they haven't announced much on seminars, which is getting fairly annoying as I need to schedule my air fare. At the moment, they only show 3, with very vague descriptions. Weird. Not happy

Alex in Seattle