IPMS Seattle show/contest this weekend

IPMS Seattle show/contest this weekend

April 20th, 2017, 8:54 am #1

Hi Guys.

Just a quick note to let you know that Barracuda Studios will be attending (and vending) at the Seattle show this Saturday!

We will be selling the new 72nd B-1B sets, as well as a good selection of our other products.

A last minute decision was made last night , so I'm off to the airport Friday afternoon.

Its a just over 24 hour trip and I'll be back home again Saturday night.

If you are going to be there, please stop by and say hello.

April 20th, 2017, 11:57 am #2

...but I'm working night shift...in Portland-ish area. I need a M-f 8-5 career so I can socially participate in my hobby. Haven't been to an OMS (formerly OHMS) meeting in gawd knows how long because of the damned ED where I work. I'd love to be there Roy! Your 1/72 Bone upgrades are on my hot list too (I still need the model kit itself though, lol)...but that's never stopped me from buying resin before styrene...where's the plastic model builders AA type group, lol?!
Cheers,
Joshua

April 20th, 2017, 12:03 pm #3

Hi Guys.

Just a quick note to let you know that Barracuda Studios will be attending (and vending) at the Seattle show this Saturday!

We will be selling the new 72nd B-1B sets, as well as a good selection of our other products.

A last minute decision was made last night , so I'm off to the airport Friday afternoon.

Is there a web site for the contest or address for those in the area who might be interested in going?

April 20th, 2017, 1:11 pm #4

/

April 20th, 2017, 2:07 pm #5

Hi Guys.

Marc Schachter flies for FedEx (not UPS / airlines, per the Rick Cotton and Others Rumor Mill). If his schedule allows, as it did for JAX and Houston (one model, two years to build, ONLY two contests in two years) then he might be able to show up with his Sea Fury at a contest in his hometown... I'll be getting mine from Airfix.

April 20th, 2017, 3:22 pm #6

Last edited by pat9d on April 20th, 2017, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 20th, 2017, 3:29 pm #7

Hi Guys.

I'll be there with the -2. One Last Hurrah.

-d-

April 20th, 2017, 6:15 pm #8

Is there a web site for the contest or address for those in the area who might be interested in going?
From Whidbey take I-5 S to the 405 bypass. Pass through Bellevue to Renton. When you see the Boeing Factory on your right at Lake Washington take the Maple Valley Road exit. You will need to pay attention to traffic and signs. After several blocks you take a left at the light and go through the I-405 underpass. You will see a Sheri's Restaurant on the left. Take a right at the light and you will see the Renton Community Center on the right. It will be surrounded by a lot of cars and people going in. You will also see people leaving the building with the model you came for and it was the last one. Parking is always full but you can drive around to the back of the building for more. It's easier than it sounds.

Is the hobby shop going out of Oak Harbor worth a stop?

April 21st, 2017, 5:41 am #9

...but I'm working night shift...in Portland-ish area. I need a M-f 8-5 career so I can socially participate in my hobby. Haven't been to an OMS (formerly OHMS) meeting in gawd knows how long because of the damned ED where I work. I'd love to be there Roy! Your 1/72 Bone upgrades are on my hot list too (I still need the model kit itself though, lol)...but that's never stopped me from buying resin before styrene...where's the plastic model builders AA type group, lol?!
Cheers,
Joshua
You don't look well. I prescribe a trip to Renton for some styrene therapy!

Sorry to hear you have to miss it.

April 21st, 2017, 5:46 am #10