IPMS Mad City tomorrow (Wisconsin)

IPMS Mad City tomorrow (Wisconsin)

May 6th, 2011, 4:17 pm #1

Mad-City Modelers Show
Doubledays Banquet House
4586 Baxter Rd
Cottage Grove WI

Show is just outside of Madison, WI.

24 vendor tables sold, a good raffle with lots of stuff, and the show averages 450-500 models on the table.

Weather is expected to be good (the snow is finally gone up here).

May 7th, 2011, 11:53 pm #2

364 models on the table. Considering gas is in excess of $4.00 a gallon and the weather was nice and sunny, we had a great turnout.

Thanks to all who participated.

J

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2011, 6:10 am #3

There was a big problem with the judging at your show. The best models did not win in most cat.

May 9th, 2011, 1:39 pm #4

If you have a problem, man up and post it instead of hiding behind the anonymity of a blank post.

When you have a crew of volunteer judges, you're forced to rely on their opinions.

There were judging problems, and I think it was a case of inexperienced judges raising their hands and saying they knew what they were doing.

We also had two judging teams who didn't understand the premise of a no-sweeps rule and we had to go back and fix more than a dozen categories.

Sorry if your model didn't win, but we did the best we could with what we had.

Now, if you're man enough to post up your real name, we can discuss this further.

Jeff

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 10th, 2011, 3:03 am #5

First off I didnt have any models in this show. A recent hand operation has kept me out of the workshop.

I know all about inexperienced judges and shows.No show is perfect. Im pushing 60 something and still remember the first show I judged and the mistakes I made. My problem is the head judge,he should have split them up with more experienced judges. Were you head judge? if not you had a big part in it at this show.you should have seen the mistakes and brought back the team and gone over it again.

AS for the anonymity I agree with you. I dont like drive-bys.I did it for 2 reasons.

1) this is only my 2nd visit at this site and I dont have an acount.

2)The whole modeling world knows the rants of Jeff H. when he feels someone has pissed in his cherrios.

Im in your region and feel I would not get a fare shake in up coming shows that you judge.

Lastly Im suprised to see you at a IPMS show. your last rant was aginst IPMS and you didnt want anything to do with them anymore. You must not have anywhere else to go.

May 10th, 2011, 2:37 pm #6

I wasn't the head judge, but I did end up spending the better part of my day trying to fix the problems that happened at the show. It is, after all, my club too.

Secondly, whatever happened between IPMS/USA and me is MY business, and none of yours. I don't particularly give a rat's *** if the world knows my rants. No one, other than you, has pissed in my Cheerios on this day.

In fact, it was YOUR post that started this. Looking back at my posts, I mention the show (post 1), then I THANK everyone who showed up and supported the show.

It was your cowardly anonymous that started this ball rolling. In fact, I even went so far as to offer an explanation for the judging problems, but obviously, that's not good enough for you.

There are people in the modeling world that don't like me. Fair enough - there are people in this world that I'd just as soon knock out than deal with. Regardless of whether someone likes me as a person or not, I have NEVER held any bias toward someone's models. In fact, it this particular show, I awarded a Best Of to someone that I cannot stomach to be in the same room with. Why? Because regardless of how much of an idiot he is as a person, his model was the best on the table.

My problems with IPMS/USA are with those at the top. I will continue to support the local clubs and the guys in the trenches who work to make this hobby what it is.

As for you...based on your IP address and the tidbit of intel you gave me in your post, I know who you are. Now you're just another name on the idiot list.

Jeff

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 11th, 2011, 4:49 am #7

Well OK then Mr Detective, I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe you can show me how you "man-up". See you later FAT BOY.

mike rechlicz
mike rechlicz

May 13th, 2011, 3:23 pm #8

364 models on the table. Considering gas is in excess of $4.00 a gallon and the weather was nice and sunny, we had a great turnout.

Thanks to all who participated.

J
I had a really good time at the show. I got to see some old friends and made some new ones and actually won several awards.
I didn't care for the contest site or the vendor area(it was too small).
Mike

May 17th, 2011, 2:07 pm #9

Well OK then Mr Detective, I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe you can show me how you "man-up". See you later FAT BOY.
Face up, man up, or go run and hide like you have been.

Your trolling has done nothing except show the rest of us what an *** you really are.

Take your best shot - and I'll see to it you'll need more than hand surgery.

Jeff

May 17th, 2011, 5:14 pm #10

First off I didnt have any models in this show. A recent hand operation has kept me out of the workshop.

I know all about inexperienced judges and shows.No show is perfect. Im pushing 60 something and still remember the first show I judged and the mistakes I made. My problem is the head judge,he should have split them up with more experienced judges. Were you head judge? if not you had a big part in it at this show.you should have seen the mistakes and brought back the team and gone over it again.

AS for the anonymity I agree with you. I dont like drive-bys.I did it for 2 reasons.

1) this is only my 2nd visit at this site and I dont have an acount.

2)The whole modeling world knows the rants of Jeff H. when he feels someone has pissed in his cherrios.

Im in your region and feel I would not get a fare shake in up coming shows that you judge.

Lastly Im suprised to see you at a IPMS show. your last rant was aginst IPMS and you didnt want anything to do with them anymore. You must not have anywhere else to go.
I have watched this thread from its inception and find its degredation to this point disturbing. I have not weighed in to this until now because I don't believe that a public display will solve anything.

For the record, I was asked by the Madison club to head up their judging team for the second time. I am responsible for any problems that were perceived or actually occured with the judging team at that show. Yes, there were some problems and I am already in the process of examining those problems to suggest and recommend solutions to the Madison club.

I haven't attended as a visitor or judged at a show, including national shows, where issues with the critiqing process didn't arise. I have in the past offered my best constructive criticisim in those circumstances and have kept my own practises in line with my own words.

So, for the record, I will stand here and now to thank Jeff Herne for his cooperation with and support of the judging team at Madison. I have known him for several years, find him to be a valuable asset, and am absolutely confident in his critical objectivity, regardless of his personal engagements.

And for the record, Mr. Anonymous, I would be happy to field any questions or concerns you have regarding the Madison show and will value your feedback, but will not continue this public display. Thank you for supporting the show and please heal well so you can continue to model. I hope you will contact me and stop slapping at the nose of a grizzly bear.

David C.Raatz, Ipms 20597
dcraatz@yahoo.com

ProModeler