IPMS Canada 'Best Canadian Subject' Award at the IPMS/USA 2012 Nats in Orlando

IPMS Canada 'Best Canadian Subject' Award at the IPMS/USA 2012 Nats in Orlando

July 3rd, 2012, 12:42 am #1

The IPMS Canada 'Best Canadian Subject' Award at the IPMS/USA 2012 Nats in Orlando

For the past couple of years we have been informally recognizing the outstanding model reflecting Canadian content at the IPMS/USA National Convention.

This has been working out so well that we want to do it again in Orlando in August 2012. If you are entering a Canadian subject model, please look for the Canadian flag and entry sign-up sheets in the contest registration area.

What is Canadian content?
To qualify for the award, your entry has to be identifiably and distinctly Canadian in its markings, or it can be clearly connected to being operated by Canadians.

Canadian Forces, Royal Canadian Air Force, Royal Canadian Navy and Canadian Army subjects are definitely 'in'.

Some other 'Yes' examples are:
- an RCMP police car
- an airliner in Canadian livery
- a figure of Canadian fighter pilot Buzz Beurling
- a Cessna 172 wearing C-/CF- civil registration
- a Canadian Coast Guard ship
- Billy Bishop's aircraft in the Royal Flying Corps

Some 'Sorry, No' examples are:
- a plain-painted vehicle sporting provincial plates
- a Space Shuttle with the Canadarm
- a Luftwaffe Canadair Sabre 6
- a Belgian CF-100
- a CL-215 or a DHC-3 Otter in non-Canadian markings.

If you want to know more, please feel free to email your questions to - box626@ipmscanada.com

Cheers,

Steve Sauvé
Ottawa

visit www.ipmscanada.com

July 3rd, 2012, 2:39 am #2

The Possum Van from The Red Green Show?

July 3rd, 2012, 3:04 am #3

Absolutely YES. In fact at Omaha in 2010, Andrew Desautels of Arizona had a detailed Possum Lodge Van on the table and it was judged for the award, right down to the Tim Horton's cups littered across the floor.

Cheers,

Steve Sauvé
Ottawa

visit www.ipmscanada.com

July 3rd, 2012, 3:32 am #4

Loved his build. Loved the show and have wanted to create one of a long time but still beyond my skill at this time.

However, I will be looking to see what I have that fits the trophy and I can get on a plane.