Interesting results

Interesting results

February 14th, 2018, 8:29 pm #1

Hi Troops:

I just posted a list to plane trading and I got a huge amount of interest on my Hasegawa 1/48 scale Douglas A4B kit. Unfortunately, I only had one so several Gents were disappointed.
Maybe you should all drop a hint in Hasegawa's mail box that it is time to do a new release of their Douglas A4B kit!

Bill Shuey

February 14th, 2018, 9:43 pm #2

Yeah the Hasegawa Skyhawks seem to be pretty hot on the re-seller market. I think I remember my friend sold one of his for $120. Go figure.

I have heard the New Zealand issue as well as the IAF release fetches big bucks.

As for Hasegawa listening to us, I think that is a long shot. However we all know what usually happens. They eventually release the kit with new markings. Look to the F-4 Phantoms for an example. However having said that, the A-4B sure is a nice model. Thank goodness I have a couple at least.

Cheers
Chris

February 14th, 2018, 10:30 pm #3

Hi Troops:

I just posted a list to plane trading and I got a huge amount of interest on my Hasegawa 1/48 scale Douglas A4B kit. Unfortunately, I only had one so several Gents were disappointed.
Maybe you should all drop a hint in Hasegawa's mail box that it is time to do a new release of their Douglas A4B kit!

Bill Shuey
If you can't get ahold of a Hasegawa A-4B (or don't want to shell out a huge amount of money), Steel Beach has a conversion for the Hasegawa E/F kit. It takes a little bit of surgery, but it turns out pretty decent at a fraction of the cost.

AD4-1 (A-4A)
[/img]

A-4C
[/img]

Last edited by Darren_Roberts on February 14th, 2018, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2018, 2:18 am #4

Hi Troops:

Bill Shuey
As soon as I saw the Skyhawk in your listing (long after you originally posted it) I knew it was long gone. I've been wanting one for quite a while, but I'm a builder, not a collector, so I refuse to pay a collector's price for one; I don't want it THAT badly!

The A-4B seems to be one of those kits that Hasegawa seemingly refuses to reissue, for what ever reason.

February 15th, 2018, 2:19 am #5

Hi Troops:

Bill Shuey
I’ve sold some of my Skyhawks on eBay, I have a huge collection of them. The four I sold went for $150 plus. The kit you sold is one of them.

February 15th, 2018, 1:52 pm #6

As soon as I saw the Skyhawk in your listing (long after you originally posted it) I knew it was long gone. I've been wanting one for quite a while, but I'm a builder, not a collector, so I refuse to pay a collector's price for one; I don't want it THAT badly!

The A-4B seems to be one of those kits that Hasegawa seemingly refuses to reissue, for what ever reason.
I've got ONE Hasegawa Skyhawk, the A-4M and I only got that because of a trade. I do have most of the Hobbycraft kits, though…
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

February 15th, 2018, 2:56 pm #7

If you can't get ahold of a Hasegawa A-4B (or don't want to shell out a huge amount of money), Steel Beach has a conversion for the Hasegawa E/F kit. It takes a little bit of surgery, but it turns out pretty decent at a fraction of the cost.

AD4-1 (A-4A)
[/img]

A-4C
[/img]
And I have two of the conversions, very nice!
Last edited by Bob Norgren on February 15th, 2018, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2018, 2:57 pm #8

Me too. A-4B is the unicorn of Skyhawks.