Interesting AA mount.

Interesting AA mount.

June 21st, 2012, 1:24 pm #1

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming

June 21st, 2012, 3:03 pm #2

Was also fitted on the back of trucks

http://www.arrse.co.uk/military-history ... k-ack.html

June 21st, 2012, 3:46 pm #3

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming
Everytime a new vehicle is produced it comes with different tracks or wheels with different treads.
Why didn't they just standardize on one type?

Owen

June 21st, 2012, 5:39 pm #4

Money...Why build something the govt. is going to buy that uses somebody elses wheels and tracks when I can manufacture my own that will have to be bought as spares. I know there was a war on but these guys were not building these things for free. As harsh as it sounds they were in it to make money and as much as possible because once the war is over all those contracts dry up. But to be honest there was alot of commonality in some of the equipment (but only because the Govt. said it had to be).

Roy

June 22nd, 2012, 5:02 am #5

in Russia there was much more standardization, they had a more integrated industrial machine. Even Germany had made an attempt to standardize, and was farther along than the British or the French. The Brits really never got the idea of large scale mass production for decades either.

June 22nd, 2012, 9:40 am #6

it's LEM. Standardization came into the Apollo program after that.
George, out...........

June 22nd, 2012, 8:06 pm #7

Money...Why build something the govt. is going to buy that uses somebody elses wheels and tracks when I can manufacture my own that will have to be bought as spares. I know there was a war on but these guys were not building these things for free. As harsh as it sounds they were in it to make money and as much as possible because once the war is over all those contracts dry up. But to be honest there was alot of commonality in some of the equipment (but only because the Govt. said it had to be).

Roy
Didn't Bantam design a lightweight 4x4 utility truck (often called a Jeep) then the design got sent off to the lowest bidder to be made, i.e. Willys and Ford?

If that's a British designed AAA platform, the wheels, tires, guns, etc. are probably of British design and not American.

RobG