IL2 - Part 16

IL2 - Part 16

June 30th, 2012, 10:14 pm #1

Hello All,

Finally, ready for painting! Or at least priming. And about time too, I hear you say.

Here's where we got to:

Lots of details to got done today - wing guns and undercarriage indicator, undercarriage and bomb bay doors, trim tab actuators and gunners position.

Here's the detail:

I'm amazed that they could produce twenty-odd thousand of these and have so much argument about colour schemes! It's not even clear whether the kit scheme is for a straight or arrow wing IL2. I'm going for a simple green and black scheme, with stars and a number...

Thanks for looking,
Adrian

July 1st, 2012, 12:17 am #2

Or so the popular legend goes. You can't go wrong with green and black. I know somebody who will not need to buy the new T****a Il.2 in 1/32. Attaboy! Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

July 1st, 2012, 12:19 am #3

Hello All,

Finally, ready for painting! Or at least priming. And about time too, I hear you say.

Here's where we got to:

Lots of details to got done today - wing guns and undercarriage indicator, undercarriage and bomb bay doors, trim tab actuators and gunners position.

Here's the detail:

I'm amazed that they could produce twenty-odd thousand of these and have so much argument about colour schemes! It's not even clear whether the kit scheme is for a straight or arrow wing IL2. I'm going for a simple green and black scheme, with stars and a number...

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
Congratulations - is there any Airfix left? ;-) n/t

July 1st, 2012, 7:24 am #4

Hello All,

Here's where we got to:

Here's the detail:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
A miraculous transmogrification Adrian - I am in total awe!! n/t

July 1st, 2012, 7:41 am #5

Hello All,

Here's where we got to:

Here's the detail:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
Considering the amount of work involved to get to this stage, you could argue a case for not painting it and leave it as a tribute to your modelling skills.

It must be the ultimate example of a silk purse from a sow's ear!

Neil

If you wake up in the morning feeling like you've had it, be grateful.

http://www.neilscrim.co.uk

July 1st, 2012, 7:57 am #6

Hello All,

Here's where we got to:

Here's the detail:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
That is an absolutely fantastic job Adrian!

My hat is off to you.

Jorge.

July 1st, 2012, 8:21 am #7

Hello All,

Here's where we got to:

Here's the detail:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
Best estimates of total production range from 36,000 upwards!
Colours? "Arrow-wing" late Il-2s carried a 3-colour uppersurface camouflage, green/brown/dark grey. Lots of details available on the web, or get the instruction sheets for the AM 1/48th kit, or Toko 1/72nd. Love what you've done with the hopeless Airfrix kit, but the Toko kit gives you a MUCH better airframe out of the box!

July 2nd, 2012, 11:51 am #8

Hello All,

Here's where we got to:

Here's the detail:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
IL-2's painted much like these IL-10's and other similar Sovietski Bomberskis.

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il10/ca ... amoww2.htm

Do not force former USSR KGB to come to your house...

July 2nd, 2012, 12:18 pm #9

Hello All,

Here's where we got to:

Here's the detail:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
Adrian, you are truly committed to this magnificent build

Cheers

Fred

July 2nd, 2012, 1:29 pm #10

Hello All,

Here's where we got to:

Here's the detail:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
and mountains of patience.. Great!