IL-2 - Part 15

IL-2 - Part 15

June 24th, 2012, 1:25 pm #1

Hello All,

Back from travelling, got my modelling things out again, and spent the morning cutting and fitting 28 pieces of plastic card and rod together:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian

June 24th, 2012, 4:36 pm #2

Hi, Adrian. I envy your manual dexterity. What kind of tweezers do you use on such miniscule fiddley bits. I am just curious as I am too ham-fisted to even try what you have just made. Beautiful work on all of your builds that I have seen. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

June 24th, 2012, 5:02 pm #3

Hello All,

Back from travelling, got my modelling things out again, and spent the morning cutting and fitting 28 pieces of plastic card and rod together:

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

June 24th, 2012, 5:32 pm #4

Hi, Adrian. I envy your manual dexterity. What kind of tweezers do you use on such miniscule fiddley bits. I am just curious as I am too ham-fisted to even try what you have just made. Beautiful work on all of your builds that I have seen. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
I use standard fine point tweezers but when I'm doing small work like this I often stab the part to be added gently with the point of a scalpel, dip it in the blob of Contacta (Revell plastic cement in a squeezy bottle with a steel needle nozzle) or superglue, dab it on a tissue to remove excess and then place it where I want it to go. Of course at any of those stages the part can decide to stick to the glue blob or the tissue, but if you stab it too hard, it decides to stay stuck to the scalpel...

Regards,
Adrian

June 25th, 2012, 3:02 pm #5

Hello All,

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
Great modelling, and great eyesight too! Does the gun work? Looks like it does.

June 25th, 2012, 9:06 pm #6

Hello All,

Thanks for looking,
Adrian
Seriously, that thing must be tiny!

Cheers, Vic