If I can ask, is the F2H Banshee a really most wanted new tool in 1/48?

If I can ask, is the F2H Banshee a really most wanted new tool in 1/48?

April 26th, 2012, 4:48 pm #1

Pretty beautiful bird! Even at early beginnings

Am I alone to notice this matter or is in fact this aircraft almost omnipresent in the most wanted lists a bit everywhere (and not strictly to America)

April 26th, 2012, 5:09 pm #2

IMHO, No!! Fairly Fruitbat is!! N/T

April 26th, 2012, 5:20 pm #3

mm

April 26th, 2012, 5:23 pm #4

Am I alone to notice this matter or is in fact this aircraft almost omnipresent in the most wanted lists a bit everywhere (and not strictly to America)
The Banshee has been on many list but, again so has a certain aircraft made by Curtiss. And my, very unofficial tally, that Curtiss bird out polled the Banshee.

Either way, the Mfgrs. will make what they darn well wanna. You and I are just diverting electrons!! LOL!!!

Bo

April 26th, 2012, 5:24 pm #5

Nice looking, with several versions. The Nightfigher/ all weather version is particularly good looking I think, but then I think the J-29 Tunnan is handsome...

Though we also await F11F Tigers and F9F Cougars in injection moulded in 1/48th - and I'm not counting FMs efforts in either which are now hard to find, and while not the worst FM kits ever (oh the choice...!) certainly require patiencs and a dictionary of swear words to keep your vocab varied during the build.

If I could find another FM Cougar I'd buy another one.

Cheers

Jonners

April 26th, 2012, 5:31 pm #6

The Banshee has been on many list but, again so has a certain aircraft made by Curtiss. And my, very unofficial tally, that Curtiss bird out polled the Banshee.

Either way, the Mfgrs. will make what they darn well wanna. You and I are just diverting electrons!! LOL!!!

Bo
... Hi Bo

Im starting to wonder whether manufacturers are thinking,

"Jezz, if we release a P40B in 1/48th, its going to get gone over with a toothcomb and slagged off for any little thing. So, you know what, sod it, lets release another F-16, P-51, etc etc instead."

At least the kits are there to do a cut and shut job with for the Tomahawk, should you so choose....

Cheers

Jonners

or did you mean the Curtiss XP-87?

April 26th, 2012, 5:36 pm #7

Nobody cares or knows what one looks like!! LOL!!

Bo

April 26th, 2012, 5:40 pm #8

whast that old adage of "be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it"

However a Tamiya 1/48th P-40B, now thet would be a Mmmmm moment, and hang the price.

Cheers

Jonners

April 26th, 2012, 6:10 pm #9

I think it appears frequently on "what we need" threads. It's certainly on my list (along with a P-40B -- take a deep breath, Bo!).

Pip Moss

April 26th, 2012, 6:27 pm #10

I've taken soooo many deep breathes, I have hypoxia!! LOL!! N/T