I wonder if Brett Green back in 1997.....

I wonder if Brett Green back in 1997.....

June 28th, 2012, 1:31 am #1

would have dreamed that this website would propel him in to the travels he's made since then.... Two trips to the North American Continent a few weeks apart this year already... Way to go, Brett and thanks for coming up with this site. Been hangin' around here since somewhere around 1998..

Cheers,
Dave

June 28th, 2012, 1:34 am #2

While Brett may have benefited some, the far greater benefit has been for the rest of us who hang out here often. Many thanks to Brett for a great service rendered.

John

June 28th, 2012, 1:42 am #3

would have dreamed that this website would propel him in to the travels he's made since then.... Two trips to the North American Continent a few weeks apart this year already... Way to go, Brett and thanks for coming up with this site. Been hangin' around here since somewhere around 1998..

Cheers,
Dave
Becoming the world traveler is his reward for putting up with us! n/t

June 28th, 2012, 1:43 am #4

Cheers,
Dave
...and takes it's toll on you physically and with your family. Not fun. I salute you Brett. The good news is you are traveling for hobby and not for a corporate master.

June 28th, 2012, 2:48 am #5

Whilst I've had some good overseas trips to Sweden, UK, USA, China and recently to Prague for work (found a cool MiG-21 pilot's helmet!), I've also been to some pretty crappy places to including Saudi Arabia. I've been lucky enough to see and experience some cool things, but it is hard being away from the family. At the end of the day, there's nothing like your own home and being surrounded by your loved ones.

June 28th, 2012, 3:21 am #6

...and takes it's toll on you physically and with your family. Not fun. I salute you Brett. The good news is you are traveling for hobby and not for a corporate master.
CEO, chief cook & bottle washer, head honcho, and janitor, all rolled into one

June 28th, 2012, 4:43 am #7

Cheers,
Dave
I think he might be taking this modelling stuff somewhat seriously now.

June 28th, 2012, 5:09 am #8

Cheers,
Dave
Frequent Flier program.

June 28th, 2012, 7:00 am #9

While it IS fun to get out and see other places, it usually is hard work. Also the glory of staying in nice hotels fade really fast - they are the same all over the world. You can really get fed up fast with that and eating out every night. You dont understand 'till you've tried.

I knew a guy who was traveling a lot as a fitter for our company - something like 280-300 days a year. So when his vacation came he was looking so much forward to going home and just enjoy being home. When he walked in the door, his wife told him she had booked two weeks in a hotel in greece and he'd have to hurry to get his clothes washed so they could make the plane. Poor guy !

June 28th, 2012, 7:45 am #10

Frequent Flier program.
Assuming Qantas doesnt go the way of others from what I hear.n/t