I need a recommendation.....

I need a recommendation.....

October 11th, 2017, 9:22 pm #1

For hobby shops in the Jacksonville, FL area. I will be down there in 2 Wks, and as much as I love my family, sometimes I need a break. Thanks in advance for the help, Joel.

When I was stationed at Kings Bay NSB

October 12th, 2017, 12:26 am #2

Not sure if this place is around anymore or was resurrected at a new address. There was a Hobby Shop called "The Kit Bunker" it had wall to wall, ceiling to ceiling, model kits from recent to mostly OOP kits. I think the owner purchased collections from all over the Southeast US states. It was Valhalla for me back in the day.
Here is the address: 2905 Spring Park Road tel: 904-399-1911

Alas......

October 12th, 2017, 11:45 am #3

The Bunker is no more. My favorite hangout for at least two decades closed shop several years ago. Doug Cusic, the original owner of the Bunker, does have a small collection of kits at his sign shop on St. Augustine Rd. that are for sale. His number is (904)343-2711. I'm sure he'd be happy to let you browse the kits during his business hours. Give him a call.

As of now, the ONLY individually owned hobby shop anywhere in the Jax area is Orange Park Hobby World on Blanding Blvd just south of the I-295 interchange. Current run kits, aircraft, cars, etc as well as RC and electric trains. Of course there are a few Hobby Lobby's scattered around the city but OPHW is it.