I need a couple screws!

I need a couple screws!

March 3rd, 2012, 7:39 am #1

Ive lost both screws to my ALANGER 1/350 Delta IV class submarine. I don't know if it was the carpet monster, the dog, or that woman that swears she loves me... but hates my hobby. Has anyone built their kit waterline, and do not need their screws? I will be happy to pay a resonable amout + shipping. The boat just doesnt look right without screws. I guess I could pass it off as a super-secret water-jet modification Thanks!

March 3rd, 2012, 8:26 am #2

I know you probably don't want to dump the money into your project, but these are very nice. http://www.flagshipmodels.com/zencart/i ... ucts_id=11

Rusty White
Flagship Models Inc.
flagshipmodels.com

March 3rd, 2012, 12:01 pm #3

Ive lost both screws to my ALANGER 1/350 Delta IV class submarine. I don't know if it was the carpet monster, the dog, or that woman that swears she loves me... but hates my hobby. Has anyone built their kit waterline, and do not need their screws? I will be happy to pay a resonable amout + shipping. The boat just doesnt look right without screws. I guess I could pass it off as a super-secret water-jet modification Thanks!
There are plenty of loose screws [and a few loose nuts] around this place already.
(Badabump)
(We'll be here all weekend, don't forget to tip your server)

Wheels UP-Water
Wheels DOWN-Land
DO NOT confuse the two !

March 3rd, 2012, 7:51 pm #4

I know you probably don't want to dump the money into your project, but these are very nice. http://www.flagshipmodels.com/zencart/i ... ucts_id=11

Rusty White
Flagship Models Inc.
flagshipmodels.com
Thanks for the link, but I need screws for a Soviet boomer (a bit more scythe looking). I'm also a bit hesitant in working with PE screws. I can never get them tweaked uniformly.

March 5th, 2012, 8:46 pm #5

Injection molded soviet subs for the screws? The Zvezda Oscar is a dog, but it has twin screws, and can be had cheap, dragon made a typhoon, and an Alpha that could be raided, you may try to contact some of the resin makers like YMW, and ask nicely (alto I seem to recall they use PE, which you indicated was not something you were comfortable with.

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

March 5th, 2012, 10:18 pm #6

I did think of this, but would rather spend 10 to 15 bucks on screws that someone may not want, than spend 35 to 50 for another kit, just to rob it. Cheers!

March 5th, 2012, 11:05 pm #7

the zvezda Oscar in that price range. It's cra....er..it's bad.

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"