I'm visiting England

June 23rd, 2018, 11:13 pm #1

Morning all , I and a couple of mates have joined a largish group of Aussies for a 24 day aviation tour to commemorate the RAF100. If any of you modellers out there are going to be at the following places on the following dates, it would be great to catch up.Now I know the chances are fairly slim of actually meeting but look for a group of chaps in blue hats with Torii written on them. I will be the middle-aged, slightly paunchy, thinning grey haired and bearded chap - oh bugger, the whole group will probably be identical! I will have a Graham name badge. Who knows, in the huge crowds expected, we may meet up!
Our shows are:-
Shuttleworth on Sunday July 1st
Hendon Monday morning July 2nd
IWM Tuesday July 3rd
Brooklands Thursday July 5th
Yeovilton FAAM Friday July 6th and show on Saturday July 7th
Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Tuesday July 10th
Lincoln Bomber Command Centre and Spire Wednesday July 11th
RIAT on Friday and Saturday July 13-14th
Flying Legends, Duxford Sunday July 15th
Duxford Museum Monday July 16th
Solent Sky Museum Wednesday July 18th afternoon at Museum of Army Flying
Farnborough International Friday July 20th
Tangmere Military Aviation Museum Saturday July 21st

We should all be pretty knackered at the end of this little trip but I’am really looking forward to it, especially the hope of some warm weather as it is minus 4 here at the moment.

June 24th, 2018, 8:35 pm #2

Sounds a fantastic trip. Enjoy.

David

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

David Womby, Florida.

June 27th, 2018, 10:27 am #3

What a dream trip!  I'd be happy to attend just one of those events, I can't imagine going to them all.  I hope you have a spectacular time, post lots of pics!

-Dan

June 27th, 2018, 11:54 am #4

Sounds a great trip , though I'm a little surprised you're not going to Cosford

June 28th, 2018, 2:50 am #5

Wow, sounds great. Happy to hear how a middle-aged Australian gentleman who has been actively working on lowering his centre-of-gravity might book onto such a trip in future years. 
Enjoy yourself - I'm sure that is a certainty!

June 29th, 2018, 11:33 am #6

Hi Graham

That sounds like a wonderful trip.  Alas, I can't get to RAF Hendon on Monday morning but hope you enjoy the visit.  I'd be interested in your views on the new hangar (which replaced the Battle of Britain Hangar) and the modern RAF exhibition (which replaced Milestones of Flight).  Hannants will not be open that day but the Aviation Hobby Shop in West Drayton probably is - have a great visit!