I like the new Sprue Brothers site :)

I like the new Sprue Brothers site :)

July 14th, 2012, 3:05 am #1

Faster, much improved search engine, all around more user friendly. Made my 'first' order already
my 2 cents worth,
Joshua

Nearly 75,000 Americans still remain missing, unrecovered or unidentified from World War II.
Last edited by gangplank73 on July 14th, 2012, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2012, 11:36 am #2

so if you had anything on your wish list, creat a new profile and go back and put it on your wish list. It appears to be faster between pages as well.

Ken

July 14th, 2012, 2:40 pm #3

Faster, much improved search engine, all around more user friendly. Made my 'first' order already
my 2 cents worth,
Joshua

Nearly 75,000 Americans still remain missing, unrecovered or unidentified from World War II.
/

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

July 14th, 2012, 3:13 pm #4

my 2 cents worth,
Joshua

but I can get used to it. seems much faster yay!
Last edited by Mark in AZ on July 14th, 2012, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2012, 5:06 pm #5

my 2 cents worth,
Joshua

As well or better. Hannants too. Frankly, if they sponsor Hyperscale I will continue to buy from them, but may complain bitterly if they delete customer account information yet again. Brett Green is a hero to me for staying consistently with an excellent format that his users love. And the was the crux of my compalint about SB's new site: registration required, was slapped together, and is no longer a unique spot on the internet. It looks and feels like ModelExpo to me. Sprue Brothers was one of the guerrilla modeling spots where Gordon took on the big boys and viciously undercut prices. Now he is one of the big boys, so, success has come at a cost. Fezziwig is dead and all that! ; )

Do shop around and keep the LHS and hobby thriving.

Hey, I'm just a customer, so I know my view isn't as important as other folks who are amazed that the sun rises in the East even when they face the other direction . . .

The concentration of wealth means the proliferation of misery.

Last edited by Confido on July 14th, 2012, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2012, 5:48 pm #6

To clarify, there is NO requirement to create an account in order to make a purchase. If you prefer not to create an account, just checkout as a new customer - this is where you can either create a personal account or checkout anonymously.

As far as pricing, I have no idea where you have the impression our pricing has changed. How we price (certain percentage off the MSRP of each type/genre of item and/or brand; such as 20% off MSRP for Tamiya kits; or 10% off MRSP for Eduard PE sets) is exactly the same since we started our business in 2004.

Also, the core of our success is identical as well:

1) Our real time inventory system allows us to sell only what we physically have in stock (we are not an ordering service like so many others) so you always get what you order; and

2) We maintain sufficient staff on duty so that your order (if placed and paid for by 2pm CDT) will ship the same day, so you get your orders quickly.
Last edited by spruebrothers on July 14th, 2012, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2012, 6:19 pm #7

my 2 cents worth,
Joshua

...were improved significantly. I like the "wish list" and history feature. Easier to use for aircraft kits and accessories with listings by manufacturer and then in alphabetical order. One can still use the aircraft name and scale in the search box - nice.

July 14th, 2012, 6:26 pm #8

As well or better. Hannants too. Frankly, if they sponsor Hyperscale I will continue to buy from them, but may complain bitterly if they delete customer account information yet again. Brett Green is a hero to me for staying consistently with an excellent format that his users love. And the was the crux of my compalint about SB's new site: registration required, was slapped together, and is no longer a unique spot on the internet. It looks and feels like ModelExpo to me. Sprue Brothers was one of the guerrilla modeling spots where Gordon took on the big boys and viciously undercut prices. Now he is one of the big boys, so, success has come at a cost. Fezziwig is dead and all that! ; )

Do shop around and keep the LHS and hobby thriving.

Hey, I'm just a customer, so I know my view isn't as important as other folks who are amazed that the sun rises in the East even when they face the other direction . . .

The concentration of wealth means the proliferation of misery.

... and very competitive pricing. The selection is one of the best on-line. The feature that identifies if an item is in stock or not is very helpful along with the email notifications once Sprue Brothers gets it back in stock. In my experience, Squadron WAS a go to site, not any more - price and difficult to use web site has me shopping at other stores. Amazon.com pricing is OK, service is excellent too.

July 14th, 2012, 7:36 pm #9

my 2 cents worth,
Joshua

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming

July 14th, 2012, 7:57 pm #10

that everything comes up now in all scales.
Too much to sort through.

Scotty B