I hear rumors of an IPMS contest at the I-Hobby Expo in Cleveland this year

I hear rumors of an IPMS contest at the I-Hobby Expo in Cleveland this year

April 25th, 2012, 2:20 pm #1

Is there any truth to this rumor??? Which IPMS chapter is running the contest???

I believe in god and the only thing that scares me,,,,,,is Keyser Soze.

April 25th, 2012, 3:17 pm #2

Not sure what chapter (I think it'll be whoever's the local Cleveland chapter) or exactly what kind of show, but it looks like something will happen there in conjunction with the IPMS.    

April 25th, 2012, 3:27 pm #3

Is there any truth to this rumor??? Which IPMS chapter is running the contest???

It's a people choice type contest. Last I heard IPMS John Glenn was being asked by the EBoard to run it, trick is also last I heard they were also being asked to pay their own way in plus their own show is 3 weeks later plus my club's own show here in Cincinnati is on the same date and preexisted IPMS/USA's Eboard's decision to support this event (you can imagine there has been some drama over this in Region 4)

Having spoke to my contacts the Cleveland area since this came up a few weeks ago I'm no longer concerned about my "normal" attendees (and some of these guys calling them normal worries me ) attending my show here that date.

Keep in mind, the I-Hobby Show is a manufactor's trade show, so no "normal" vendor room like a IPMS style event..and peoples choice awards instead of traditional IPMS judging. Attend the event that best suits your needs

April 25th, 2012, 3:28 pm #4

Not sure what chapter (I think it'll be whoever's the local Cleveland chapter) or exactly what kind of show, but it looks like something will happen there in conjunction with the IPMS.    
I've more info than most as you can imagine

April 25th, 2012, 3:36 pm #5

It's a people choice type contest. Last I heard IPMS John Glenn was being asked by the EBoard to run it, trick is also last I heard they were also being asked to pay their own way in plus their own show is 3 weeks later plus my club's own show here in Cincinnati is on the same date and preexisted IPMS/USA's Eboard's decision to support this event (you can imagine there has been some drama over this in Region 4)

Having spoke to my contacts the Cleveland area since this came up a few weeks ago I'm no longer concerned about my "normal" attendees (and some of these guys calling them normal worries me ) attending my show here that date.

Keep in mind, the I-Hobby Show is a manufactor's trade show, so no "normal" vendor room like a IPMS style event..and peoples choice awards instead of traditional IPMS judging. Attend the event that best suits your needs
My concerns are not so much about the nature of the IMPS "contest" though some have gone so far as to say it is to be a fully judged IPMS show. So you've laid to rest some rumor.

However my concern relates more to knowing how much airbrush inventory to bring to the show. We will be there for the industry days of course and will be working with one of the local shops which is a dealer of ours on the public days. I just don't want to over burden them with stock that isn't going to move like at a typical IPMS show. Some sales will be generated but a lot of people come for the day with their kids but don't spend a lot of money.

April 25th, 2012, 3:41 pm #6

I've more info than most as you can imagine
I work with a member of the iHobby show commitee, so I'm getting my info from the other side  

April 25th, 2012, 3:51 pm #7

My concerns are not so much about the nature of the IMPS "contest" though some have gone so far as to say it is to be a fully judged IPMS show. So you've laid to rest some rumor.

However my concern relates more to knowing how much airbrush inventory to bring to the show. We will be there for the industry days of course and will be working with one of the local shops which is a dealer of ours on the public days. I just don't want to over burden them with stock that isn't going to move like at a typical IPMS show. Some sales will be generated but a lot of people come for the day with their kids but don't spend a lot of money.

No idea how much stock you would need there....I do know at normal IPMS I should get a commission from Grex some days .

I would expect alot of kids....

April 25th, 2012, 3:55 pm #8

I work with a member of the iHobby show commitee, so I'm getting my info from the other side  
I have no real idea what John Glenn and IPMS/USA are planning, all I know is my so called "normal" attendees are planning their normal trip here to Cincinnati and if Mark Smith makes it I'll be ready for him