I have been a long time customer and supporter of Great Models Webstore

I have been a long time customer and supporter of Great Models Webstore

March 26th, 2012, 12:45 pm #1

and i am very happy for both Loic and Gordon for their deal. I want to say however suspending customer service while the crew packs orders is a mistake. I received a defective order and for well over a week i cannot get anybody at GMW to resolve it.

With the exception of two polite inquiries as to what was wrong, there has been no progress. They have said such condition will last until March 28th. This is unusual for GMW who up until now has had great service.

Rant over.

joe.

March 26th, 2012, 2:11 pm #2

"This is unusual for GMW" - well, Joe, it ain't GMW any more, is it? n/t

March 26th, 2012, 2:11 pm #3

and i am very happy for both Loic and Gordon for their deal. I want to say however suspending customer service while the crew packs orders is a mistake. I received a defective order and for well over a week i cannot get anybody at GMW to resolve it.

With the exception of two polite inquiries as to what was wrong, there has been no progress. They have said such condition will last until March 28th. This is unusual for GMW who up until now has had great service.

Rant over.

joe.
dupe n/t
Last edited by HK72nd on March 26th, 2012, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 26th, 2012, 2:47 pm #4

Rant over.

joe.
I would personally say that a week of delay to sort things out from a merger like this is not too bad. You have been acknowledged, which is pretty good customer service overall considering that they are in the midst of a major change with shipping, orders, stock etc to be reconciled. I also need to point out that GMW was notorious for taking a very long time to ship things, and having dealt with them in the past, can vouch for that personally! You likely will still get your items before GMW would have sent them.

A bit more patience, especially since you know that they are aware of the issue, will likely be rewarded. Given the SB reputation for customer service, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Hope this turns out!

Chris

March 26th, 2012, 2:51 pm #5

not the order. I know Gordon's reputation for customer service but this is GMW and i don't want to be the victim who fell through the crack in the handover.

thanks Chris,

joe.

March 26th, 2012, 2:55 pm #6

Rant over.

joe.
"I received a defective order and for well over a week i cannot get anybody at GMW to resolve it."

I found that that was their normal level of competency, which is why I haven't been back for something like five years - I placed many orders there, enough to be able to state this. I should've quit trying GMW after the first three of their screwups. I'm very glad to see Gordon take over--the passing of GMW is no loss other than the disappearance of the wishlist that they called "stock".

March 26th, 2012, 3:13 pm #7

I would personally say that a week of delay to sort things out from a merger like this is not too bad. You have been acknowledged, which is pretty good customer service overall considering that they are in the midst of a major change with shipping, orders, stock etc to be reconciled. I also need to point out that GMW was notorious for taking a very long time to ship things, and having dealt with them in the past, can vouch for that personally! You likely will still get your items before GMW would have sent them.

A bit more patience, especially since you know that they are aware of the issue, will likely be rewarded. Given the SB reputation for customer service, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Hope this turns out!

Chris
GM has gotten the vast majority of my online purchases because they never screwed up any of my orders(so I can't comment on customer service outside that), always shipped quickly, had a good selection of product and good prices. I've never had to wait more than two weeks from the day I placed my order, usually less, and my last order which I made this month I got in less than a week, which is almost unheard of from anyone an quite unexpected considering the circumstances.
I've never ordered from SB because quite frankly shipping super fast isn't enough of a reason, their prices are not that great overall and the product selection is pretty limited, at least for me. I hope that this merger makes them more like GM or I won't be buying from them.

March 26th, 2012, 3:34 pm #8

not the order. I know Gordon's reputation for customer service but this is GMW and i don't want to be the victim who fell through the crack in the handover.

thanks Chris,

joe.
It is interesting to see the response to your question. GMW has a checkered reputation and has been the subject of discussion on a fairly regular basis for this reason. You have the GMW lovers such as you, the haters such as Mr. Ingraham and then me! I quit buying from them because I found that they did not ship at all quickly and a month+ was pretty typical. That being said, they had a good product line.

All that being said, I would not worry and in the world of mail order of specialty items like these, you are in pretty good shape. Given SB's and GMW's reputation, I am sure it will get resolved. With a merger such as this, there will be some growing pain! Save your emails and ride it out.

Good luck,

Chris

March 26th, 2012, 3:57 pm #9

Rant over.

joe.
its all hands on deck due to the overwhelming response to the sale that they are running? I suspect when things return to normal, they'll take care of those items that had to be set aside temporarily to get those orders out the door in a timely manner.

From what I understand, operations at GM will be the same until their last day of operations.

March 26th, 2012, 4:19 pm #10

Rant over.

joe.
I was worried when I ordered a kit that had "only 1 left" during my checkout but when I checked my order status is wasn't available and was listed as "searching for" - even though with the new cart system I was already charged. I figured it was going to be a pain to get that credited back to my account. But they emailed me shortly after (I didn't contact them at that point) and they apologized and credited back the difference. In that email they said they'll be going through to the end of April.

steve